Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Call Recording and Monitoring

Hello,

1. Can call recording start automatically for all calls

2. Can silent monitoring be performed while the call is being recorded

... specifically for two methods:

A. Built-in call recording and monitoring in CAD/CSD (with 7 day + manual archiving) with Desktop Monitoring method

B. Cisco CR+QM software and using BIB on the phones

I'm looking for four Yes and No on the above:

1A. Y or N (I know this is a Yes, just need to make sure the hardware platform supports number of simultaneous recordings)

2A. Y or N (I believe this is a Yes, but just need to confirm)

1B. Y or N (I'm pretty sure this is a Yes)

2B. Y or N (?. Is this called Live Monitor?)

And one more question. If I use CR+QM software and record all calls, can I still use CSD's silent monitoring feature with desktop monitoring while the call is being recorded to CR software with BIB?

Roman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

1A: Yes. This doesn't scale well however. The platform has limits for maximum concurrent call recordings as well as a non-adjustable storage quota on the server HD. If more recordings are captured than the HD quota allows it will stop working and will not tail-drop the oldest recordings. The Cisco UC Sizing Tool (partners only) can be used to determine how many simultanious recordings are feasible.

1B: Yes.

2A: Yes.

2B: Yes; the BiB DSP is capable of streaming to the recording server as well as a Live Monitor DN.

If I use CR+QM software and record all calls, can I still use CSD's  silent monitoring feature with desktop monitoring while the call is  being recorded to CR software with BIB?

Yes although I suggest using the Live Monitor feature in CR instead.

Lastly be concious of the bandwidth all of these operations require. Either solution consumes roughly an additional 190Kbps (G711 + all overhead to layer two) for each record or monitor operation. This is above and beyond the roughly 95Kbps for the actual call.

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

1A: Yes. This doesn't scale well however. The platform has limits for maximum concurrent call recordings as well as a non-adjustable storage quota on the server HD. If more recordings are captured than the HD quota allows it will stop working and will not tail-drop the oldest recordings. The Cisco UC Sizing Tool (partners only) can be used to determine how many simultanious recordings are feasible.

1B: Yes.

2A: Yes.

2B: Yes; the BiB DSP is capable of streaming to the recording server as well as a Live Monitor DN.

If I use CR+QM software and record all calls, can I still use CSD's  silent monitoring feature with desktop monitoring while the call is  being recorded to CR software with BIB?

Yes although I suggest using the Live Monitor feature in CR instead.

Lastly be concious of the bandwidth all of these operations require. Either solution consumes roughly an additional 190Kbps (G711 + all overhead to layer two) for each record or monitor operation. This is above and beyond the roughly 95Kbps for the actual call.

Re: UCCX Call Recording and Monitoring

Thank you Jonathan

As a follow up, in the 2B, are you saying the supervisor will have to use a phone to monitor, or is there also an option to live monitor on a web interface in CR (similar to NICE)?

Finally, it 2B, does the supervisor have ability to intercept the call?

VIP Super Bronze

Yes they need to use a phone (or IP Communicator). The BiB-based live monitor feature causes the agent phone to make a one-way call to the Live Monitor DN (without showing anything to the agent). The supervisor answers that call like any other and can listen.

You cannot intercept or barge into a call from CR, only listen/record it. Those call intervention features still require the use of CSD.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content