Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Call Transfer Timeout

Hi Support Community

I have the following scenario, UCCX takes a call and gives you 4 options, these 4 options belong to mobile numbers, if an option is selected the call will be sent to the specified mobile number ( currently using a call re-direct step ), this all works fine and either mobile rings and call is answered or call goes to mobile VM.

I now have a requirment if call isnt answered on the mobile phone after 20 seconds for UCCX to complete further call treatment ( VM on mobile will be set to 30 seconds ). UCCX is then to try the next mobile on the list and this repeats until call is answered. What is the best step to do this within UCCX, i can see various steps in the Call Contact folder that have configurable timeout settings, is it as easy as setting this to 20 seconds for example on the 'Place Call' step the call will continue processing on the no answer branch ?

The next issue which may arise from the above is that if the mobile has no coverage it will immediatley go to VM, is there anyway for UCCX / CUCM to detect this and have UCCX provide further call treatment so similar to if there is no answer ?

Thanks, Carl

2 REPLIES

Carl,

I would use the Call Consult Transfer step.  The Place Call step does not allow you to transfer a call, it will only let you place a new outbound call.  Use the timout property to set the amount of time you want the call to ring to the mobile phone and use the Timeout & Busy leg of the step to trigger another Call Consult Transfer step to the next mobile number.

Ed

Hi and thanks for the reply.

I will give this step a try in the script. I am going to use it to transfer a call to an extension which is also configured with single number reach to a mobile number. My theory is if the mobile rings UCCX will wait for the timeout then pull the call back to for further treatment and if the mobile is out of covereage and immediatley goes to VM then i will use single number reach timeout settings to pull the call back if answered to early and again send the call abck into UCCX for futher treatment. I will let you know how i get on.

Thanks, Carl Ratcliffe

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content