Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Caller Name Display

aprasanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am new to UCCX scripting, working in a project where the customer wants caller name on agent display based on lookup from spreadsheet/xml?

need help on how this can be done, would be very helpful if i can have sample scripts to modify. thanks in advance.

regards

Prasanna

1 Reply 1

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can certainly do it with XML, but it's unlikely you'll be able to make this work with a spreadsheet.  The save as XML functions Microsoft provides for Excel do not create simple clean files.

You didn't mention what verion you're using of UCCX.  I'm going to assume you're working with one of the Windows based versions.  It shouldn't matter terribly much, but some of the version 8 and later stuff is a little different.

Go here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_user_guide_list.html

Find your specific UCCX version, and pull down the Scripting and Development Series volume #1 for your version.  In the bookmarks in the PDF, find the one that says "Designing a Web-Enabled Client Script".  This has a simple script that shows you how to do an XML query and select the data you need.  Explainations are pretty good I think.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: