cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Calls to Web Based IVR

mark.watson
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, I am programming a contact center and my customer uses a web service for their credit card activation and account inquiry stuff.  I have the url but I have never even considered creating a script that would include first making sure that the site is available much less connecting to it.  Has anyone ever successfully done this?  It is probably one of those things that is easier than it sounds but I have never come across this before.

Thanks for the assistance.

3 Replies 3

Neal haas
Level 3
Level 3

Do you need to just transfer the caller to the web based IVR pilot phone number???

That was what I was hoping for but I have a whole flow chart of things here that I have to accomplish.  I also do not have a pilot phone number, I have a URL.  I may be mis-stating all of this because I have never even heard of this being done. 

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generically speaking, you have three options which depend what interface the company will expose to you:

• Normal HTTP GET/POST/REST. In this case CCX can do it natively, and even store an XML response (i.e. REST) for internal parsing using the Create XML Document, Get Document Data, and XPath parser.
  • HTTP SOAP
  • A custom Java Class that does all of the heavy lifting.
  • Some middleware server that will expose one of the first three options to CCX.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: