cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Chat integration with Jabber

BMaples
Level 1
Level 1

When a user that's signed into Agent Desktop get's a message in Jabber, they have a new chat window from the agent desktop pop up with the same message. Is there a way to disable chat integration inside of UCCX with Jabber so they only receive the message in their jabber client and not the agent desktop client as well?

I've disabled the chat button altogether in CAD admin portal, but the only setting I can find is to disable entirely the Cisco Unified Presence Integration between UCCX and the presence server. Any thoughts?

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wow!  That's a blast from the past: CAD Agent chat integrated with Presence.

I'm nearly positive you cannot do what you're thinking, and the Agent is actually supposed to not use both at the same time.  They would only use Jabber to setup new contacts and lists, but then close it, and use CAD Chat 100% of the time to conduct business.

You might be missing the point of integrating CAD/CSD with Presence for SMEs.  For example, the whole point of including IM&P functionality is so that CSD/CAD users are not limited to sending contact details or conducting call control actions within the Call Center user realm, but rather, can include company SMEs who do not belong to the Call Center.

Else, why even use CAD/CSD chat at all, and just use Jabber 100%?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_0/design/guide/UCCX_BK_DF6A995E_00_design-guide/UCCX_BK_DF6A995E_00_design-guide_chapter_010.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: