Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - CSD Monitoring sound bad with Call Manager Recording active

dan.agache
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have just a third party recording server to their CUCM (ver 6.1) and UCCX (ver 5.0) environment. Every agent call is recorded with this server. The server is calling Zoom CallRec (ver 4.8.3). Basically when an agent places or receives a call, it sends a copy of the sending and receiving stream to the Zoom server in two separate streams. Agents have Cisco IP Communicator 7.0.

Now if and Supervisor wants to record or monitor an agent call (Inbound or Outbound), the sound is so bad and not understandable.

If I turn off Zoom recording, it sounds fine. Zoom integrates into CUCM through a SIP trunk. You also have to create a Recording Profile on CUCM and go to each agen'ts line and turn on Automatic Call Recording Enabled and select the created Recording Profile.

Is anyone that solves this problem? It is a workaround or patch?

Thank you,

Dan Agache

2 Replies 2

Graham Old
Level 7
Level 7

That is how the Calabrio/Cisco QM recording works.

What I suspect is happening is this.

The CAD on the PC opens the NIC and takes a copy of the audio to and from the phone and records it.

As you are also sending a second audio stream to the Zoom recorder the CAD sees both audio streams and receives each packet twice. This gives you the bad quality.

I don't see away around this using IP Communicator.

Can Zoom do monitoring as well as recording?

Graham

Hi,

Thank you Graham for your post. At this moment Zoom do only recording. Our costomer supervisors used Cisco Supervisor Desktop feature for monitoring. This problem of bad monitoring sound starts from the intruduction point of SPAN less recording solution based on existent feature for recording from Cisco Communicastion Manager. Until that moment the monitoring feature works ok.

Dan