Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX Editor help

Hello all, I am new to UCCX scripting and I have been tasked with a new project as follows and I am stuck.

I need to create an ext that when called will prompt the user if there is bad weather or not, if there is they can hit 1 which will then out put that variable to a txt file. I then need to have a UCCX script that watches that txt file and if it sees the status=1 it will then run a script that will trigger a message that says the weather is bad we are closed and also make phone calls to a few customers letting them know about the bad weather and that trucks could be delayed due to this. I have been using suggested scripts i have found in other places in the forum but to no avail. It is more than likely user error. Please help.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: UCCX Editor help

This has been covered many times on this forum, however, the reason for such a solution always sems to be different: emergency closing, meetings, status, etc.  Basically, as a new admin, it would have been very challenging for you to know what to search for.  I feel your pain, when you're so new to something, you don't even know the right keywords to enter to get help.  Which is why I'm glad you posted your question.  I can help.

You'll need a script to handle the changing of the weather status, we'll call is the Weather Status IVR (WSI).

Weather Status IVR

Summary

This IVR script will answer the call, prompt for some form of authentication, then play the current weather status to the caller, followed by prompting them to change the status.  We'll need a script, a few prompts, a text file format, and an authentication mechanism.

Script

Variables

String caller_input = ""

User auth_user = USER[uccxadmin]

Seting current_status = ""

Document weather_status = DOC[weather-status.txt]

Script

Start

Accept (-Triggering Contact--)

caller_input = Get Digit String (--Triggering Contact--)

Successful

Timeout

Unsuccessful

Authenticate User PIN (auth_user, caller_input)

Successful

READ_STATUS:

Set current_status = weather_status

Switch String (current_status)

1 - Rain

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-rain.wav])

2 - Sharknado

Playt Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-sharknado.wav])

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-normal.wav])

WEATHER_OPTIONS:

Menu (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-options.wav])

1 - Rain

Set curent_status = "1"

2 - Sharknado

Set current_status = "2"

0 - Normal

Set current_status = "0"

Timeout

Goto WEATHER_OPTIONS

Unsuccessful

Goto WEATHER_OPTIONS

Upload Document (TEXT[current_status] to L[], "weather-status.txt")

Successful

Delay 3 sec

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[changes-saved.wav])

Goto READ_STATUS

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

End

Prompts

The prompts are laid out in the script example above, how many and where you put them is really up to you.

Document

The document that you'll need is a simple plain text file.  You should upload it first, otherwise, you'll also need to build in some exception handling for when your co worker accidentally deletes the file.  Also note that I am using the Default language here, as it wouldn't be fair to the Spanish speakers if only the English language received weather alerts.

File Name

weather-status.txt

File Contents

Authentication Mech

I've included one possible way to auth the user so that you can upload documents. It's to use a system account and you'll have to know the PIN number.  I have a document which talks about a few other methods here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35433

Next, you'll need to modify your exsiting script(s) to read the value of the weather status document, and then to conditionally do something based on its value.

Some Existing Script

Summary

I'm only going to focus on the pieces you'll need to add into your script, and I'll assume for a moment the only action you wish to take is to inform the caller of the doom headed their way.  Where you place it in your script is up to you.

Script

Variables

String weather_status = ""

Document weather_data = DOC[weather-status.txt]

Script

Set weather_status = weather_data

Switch String (weather_status)

1 - Rain

2 - Sharknado

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-sharknado.wav])

And that's it.  I hope that helps.  I typed all of this off the top of my head without having actually ran any of it through a validation test.  I'll review my post for any typos and errors in a minute.  But please use this as a guide, not at the rule.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

3 REPLIES

This has been covered many times on this forum, however, the reason for such a solution always sems to be different: emergency closing, meetings, status, etc.  Basically, as a new admin, it would have been very challenging for you to know what to search for.  I feel your pain, when you're so new to something, you don't even know the right keywords to enter to get help.  Which is why I'm glad you posted your question.  I can help.

You'll need a script to handle the changing of the weather status, we'll call is the Weather Status IVR (WSI).

Weather Status IVR

Summary

This IVR script will answer the call, prompt for some form of authentication, then play the current weather status to the caller, followed by prompting them to change the status.  We'll need a script, a few prompts, a text file format, and an authentication mechanism.

Script

Variables

String caller_input = ""

User auth_user = USER[uccxadmin]

Seting current_status = ""

Document weather_status = DOC[weather-status.txt]

Script

Start

Accept (-Triggering Contact--)

caller_input = Get Digit String (--Triggering Contact--)

Successful

Timeout

Unsuccessful

Authenticate User PIN (auth_user, caller_input)

Successful

READ_STATUS:

Set current_status = weather_status

Switch String (current_status)

1 - Rain

2 - Sharknado

Playt Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-sharknado.wav])

WEATHER_OPTIONS:

Menu (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-options.wav])

1 - Rain

Set curent_status = "1"

2 - Sharknado

Set current_status = "2"

0 - Normal

Set current_status = "0"

Timeout

Goto WEATHER_OPTIONS

Unsuccessful

Goto WEATHER_OPTIONS

Upload Document (TEXT[current_status] to L[], "weather-status.txt")

Successful

Delay 3 sec

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[changes-saved.wav])

Goto READ_STATUS

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

End

Prompts

The prompts are laid out in the script example above, how many and where you put them is really up to you.

Document

The document that you'll need is a simple plain text file.  You should upload it first, otherwise, you'll also need to build in some exception handling for when your co worker accidentally deletes the file.  Also note that I am using the Default language here, as it wouldn't be fair to the Spanish speakers if only the English language received weather alerts.

File Name

weather-status.txt

File Contents

Authentication Mech

I've included one possible way to auth the user so that you can upload documents. It's to use a system account and you'll have to know the PIN number.  I have a document which talks about a few other methods here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-35433

Next, you'll need to modify your exsiting script(s) to read the value of the weather status document, and then to conditionally do something based on its value.

Some Existing Script

Summary

I'm only going to focus on the pieces you'll need to add into your script, and I'll assume for a moment the only action you wish to take is to inform the caller of the doom headed their way.  Where you place it in your script is up to you.

Script

Variables

String weather_status = ""

Document weather_data = DOC[weather-status.txt]

Script

Set weather_status = weather_data

Switch String (weather_status)

1 - Rain

2 - Sharknado

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, P[weather-sharknado.wav])

And that's it.  I hope that helps.  I typed all of this off the top of my head without having actually ran any of it through a validation test.  I'll review my post for any typos and errors in a minute.  But please use this as a guide, not at the rule.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Perfect thank you for helping out a newb.

Hall of Fame Super Red

UCCX Editor help

Hey Anthony,

Great answer here my friend! +5 all day long. Got a good chuckle over

the "Sharknado" reference as well

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

Views
Helpful
Replies