Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uccx email queue question / issue

hi all,

hope someone can shed some light here.  implementing uccx email queue in 8.5.1su2.  all works fine if we implement as cisco doc says. for example, create distro list (lets call it uccxdistro@company.com) and associate a mailbox account (lets call it callcenter@company.com) as member and use this same mailbox account to configure in uccx .  the distro is associated to the email queue in CDA.  so if we send email to the distro list, it works for agents in CAD. he/she is able to process it.

here is the problem.  I cannot use the distro list for customers to send email.  they already have a mailbox using it for long time (lets call it customerserv@company.com).  this is publicly advertise and being used for long time.  so they don't want to change it to uccxdistro@company.com.  so the suggestion I provided was to forward all email that comes to customerserv@company.com to uccxdistro@company.com hoping the uccx will pick up and send to agents for process.  It is not working.  It appears that uccx knows that the original email is not meant  for uccxdistro@company.com so it ignores it. 

any workaround in exchange or uccx I can do to make it work..?

thanks a bunch.

vijay

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vijay

Both customerserv@company.com and uccxdistro@company.com will be under the control of company.com... so just get them to set up cusotmerserv@company.com as a distro list with UCCX as the member, and preconfigure UCCX to expect it.

You would typically create a distribution list for each queue, so you should see your uccxdistro@company.com as just a test one. You now need to reassign the 'real' mail address to it.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

customerserv@company.com is a mailbox they have for very long time and they don't want to remove it.  I do understand that we can disable the mailbox and create a  distro with the same email.  that is the only thing I can suggest to them now (as you said).  but I was trying to understand why forwarding emails from customerserv@company.com to the uccxdistro@company.com wont work?  I mean as long as uccxdistro (which is configured in the uccx for email queue) sees an email coming ,it should prcess it.   because it was a forwarded email , it is not processing it. as I said if I send email directly to uccxdistro , it works fine.

thank you.  ..vijay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: