Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Extension

I have agents that have both hard phone and softphone (IP Communicator) can I have the agent extension on both phones? Both phone are not operational at the same time, they just use the softphone when they have to stay home and work. I though I heard that this will cause problems. We are on UCCX 8.0.2 and the IP Communicator we are using is 7.0.6...Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

UCCX Extension

Hi

In the olden days you could have done this easily as long as you don't have the two devices live at the same time. Recent UCCXs seem to prevent you from logging in with shared lines in some scenarios.

Best advice would be to configure both the hard phone and IP communicator as generic logged out devices, and require the agent to log in to either using EM before logging into CAD. This is 100% a 'supported' config.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 REPLY
Super Bronze

UCCX Extension

Hi

In the olden days you could have done this easily as long as you don't have the two devices live at the same time. Recent UCCXs seem to prevent you from logging in with shared lines in some scenarios.

Best advice would be to configure both the hard phone and IP communicator as generic logged out devices, and require the agent to log in to either using EM before logging into CAD. This is 100% a 'supported' config.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies