Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX - Get Call Info and Send to DB via DB Write

We are currently working on a script where the customer wants the following information be sent to a DB after a call has ended:

it is actually a script different from the initial ICD script where the agent would forward the initial call to a certain number for Quality Control and where the caller would answer some questions on the quality of the call with the agent.

- Date and Time of the call in the format: 2014-03-18 21:31:22

- Session ID for the call (to be the unique identifier of the call

- Calling Number (ANI)

- The Resource who handled the call (Agent ID or extension) (from the initial ICD script)

- other variables that will be collected throughout the script

How can the first four parameters be collected to variables before being sent to the DB

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Here is a screenshot of the

Here is a screenshot of the pertinent Variables and expressions need to code this up..using the method that I applied..there are always other ways to perform these types of behaviors..If you need me to explain what some of this is doing..let me know which parts..I'm also attaching the script file so you can see what goes in the properties etc (Delete the UnderScores and Remove .TXT; let me know if that doesn't work please)..this small script (testcase) is runnable given the correct parameters being passed in..

The script I provided you

The script I provided you gives you and idea of how to deploy the Session Variable: We'll update it to fit your needs; In your Queue Script, we still want to capture CallingNumber and the Session ID (type Long); we don't necessarily need to capture the DateTime in this script..In the Queue Script we will add a Session Mapping (after the Get Session Info) using the CallingNumber as the MapId; we do this here..because this CallingNumber will be the same when the Call is Transferred to the other CTI RP you are using to send the appropriate data to the DB: we will Use the CallingNumber to Extract the Session that Was Created in the Queue Script. After the Select Resource Step finds an available resource we continue to get the User Info..but after that we add a Set Session Info to store the Variable we want to Retrieve whenever the call is transferred. Providing you 2 very testable scripts as attachments..just remove the underscores and the .txt..hope this explanation helps..the window size of this new forum layout doesn't help..(still trying to get used to this "new" format).

8 REPLIES

Here is a screenshot of the

Here is a screenshot of the pertinent Variables and expressions need to code this up..using the method that I applied..there are always other ways to perform these types of behaviors..If you need me to explain what some of this is doing..let me know which parts..I'm also attaching the script file so you can see what goes in the properties etc (Delete the UnderScores and Remove .TXT; let me know if that doesn't work please)..this small script (testcase) is runnable given the correct parameters being passed in..

Thanks a lot for the reply,

Thanks a lot for the reply, it was really helpful to collect the needed data. but i have one more question: my queueing is being done in another script so i need to pass the agent name from the original script to this one that i am creating, how could i do this ?

Depends on how you are

Depends on how you are performing the pass. Are you using a Call Subflow Step "to this one that I am creating"?

No, we are actually using the

No, we are actually using the Answer/Drop button to forward to another CTI RP which calls the new script that is intended to send the variables to DB

Off the top of my head I

Off the top of my head I would use a Session Variable. However, do any of the calls ever last longer than 30 minutes?

normally they shouldn't.

normally they shouldn't. could you give me an example of Session variables, the documents i read are quite blurry.

The script I provided you

The script I provided you gives you and idea of how to deploy the Session Variable: We'll update it to fit your needs; In your Queue Script, we still want to capture CallingNumber and the Session ID (type Long); we don't necessarily need to capture the DateTime in this script..In the Queue Script we will add a Session Mapping (after the Get Session Info) using the CallingNumber as the MapId; we do this here..because this CallingNumber will be the same when the Call is Transferred to the other CTI RP you are using to send the appropriate data to the DB: we will Use the CallingNumber to Extract the Session that Was Created in the Queue Script. After the Select Resource Step finds an available resource we continue to get the User Info..but after that we add a Set Session Info to store the Variable we want to Retrieve whenever the call is transferred. Providing you 2 very testable scripts as attachments..just remove the underscores and the .txt..hope this explanation helps..the window size of this new forum layout doesn't help..(still trying to get used to this "new" format).

Perfect. all is working ok

Perfect. all is working ok now.

thanks a lot.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content