Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Get Calling Party info

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I've the below requirement, caller_X calling in to the main line/script_A from the PSTN, the script routed the calls to the agent_A. Here the calling party is caller_X, and the called party is script_A (mainline number). When the agent_A completed the calls, he/she would like to transfer the current call to another CTI_RP/script_B, which handled by UCCX as well.

In such cases, the calling party should will display as agent_A or the caller_X? If i want to retain the calling party as caller_X, can i use the "Get Call Contact Info" calling party setting? and if i want to display the agent_A who transfer the call, can i use the "last redirected numberd"

TIA

13 Replies 13

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

Any idea about this?

TIA

I don't fully understand your question.  Sorry.  Maybe if you could take it one step at a time, and be more descriptive about where you want to see this calling party information.

I will say this, UCCX cannot manipulate called/calling party information like CUCM can with transformations.  You can get the information in the script, manipulate it, and present it via Enterprise Data, but that's the extent of it.  You cannot change the actuall routing information of the call.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the response. Maybe i'll put in this way:

1. Caller from PSTN (+60127123456) called to a hotline number (+603 6555 8888), which is a CTI_RP number at UCCX.

2. When the application get triggered, the calling party appeared on the script is (+60127123456).

3. Agent (x1234) answered the call.

4. Upon finish the call and before the agent hang up, the agent manually transfer the caller (+60127123456) to another uccx application/script, which has the "Get Enterprise Info" step.

5. However, at this stage the calling party become the agent extension (x1234) instead of the origin caller (+60127123456). As i think is due to that the Agent manually tranfer the caller to that CTI_RP, hence the caller become the agent extension.

What i need to do achieve is, display the caller as the origin caller (+60127123456), as we will generate a daily report for this application which have to display the correct caller information.

Hope i'm not confuse you.

TIA

Ok, I think I understand what you are saying.  Here is what I think, in my own words, but copied from another conversation I had with someone who e-mailed me directly about the same topic.

It turns out that a transfer is consultative, meaning that, the Agent truly is the one calling the script, up until the point at which they complete the transfer.

You are simply checking the Calling Number too soon in the script not giving the transfer enough time to complete.

To prove that this is actually the case in your situation, you could simply create a new script to do test transfer into and it could look like this:

Variables

String calling_number = ""

Script

Start
Accept (--Triggering Contact--)
calling_number = Get Call Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Calling Number)
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, S[calling_number])
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, S[321])
calling_number = Get Call Contact Info (--Triggering Contact--, Calling Number)
Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--, S[calling_number])
End

When you go to setup your transfer, you will hear the system play back your Agent phone number.  Then you will hear "three, two, one".  You need to complete the transfer before the count down ends.  If you do, then your caller will hear the second calling number playback which should be their own.  However, if you wait all the way through count down and the second playback you will hear your Agent number twice.  Note that the key thing in the script, is that I am "asking" for the calling number again with the Get Call Contact Info step after the transfer completes.

You have a few options here:

1. Train your Agents to transfer quicker
2. Put a delay in the beginning of the script after the answer but before the Get Call Contact Info step
3. Move the Get Call Contact Info step further down in the script closer to where you need to use it

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you need more help, and I'll see what I can do.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

I read your post multiple time, just tried to catch whatever you explained.

Yes, you're right. The agent is the one who triggered the script, and thus the calling party

become the agent extension instead of the PSTN caller number.

But i couldn't understand the statement "You're simply checking the Calling Number too soon in the script not giving the transfer enough time to complete". I don't really understand this, you mean the processs that the agent transfer the caller to subsequent script is too fast? Will it be the case?

I'm review the options that you suggested. For the opt 2, it's quite feasible to achieve but it did enlighten something to me. In the Get Call Contact info step, because the Agent is the one who call the application, so it should collect the agent extension in anyway. What i'm trying to say is, even i insert a Delay step, it still doesn't change the calling party right?

Thanks for your kind response on this.

You are on the right track.  The Get Call Contact Info step is the step which is checking the calling number too soon.

To prove this, put a delay in the script just before the Get Call Contact Info step and see if it changes which calling number you get.  How long the delay needs to be is variable, so start with 3 seconds, and go up from there.

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

I tried what you've suggested by insert a "Delay" with 3/5s prior to the "GetCallContact" info. However the result still the same, the calling party information still as the Agent extension instead of the PSTN caller.

Is there anything that i missed out? I can send the script to you for review. Please let me know your email.

TIA

Hi, my e-mail is on my profile.  Once you send it over, I will take a look.  Is it just one script?  I thought this was a transfer into a new script, meaning that there would be atleast two scripts.  Was I assumming incorrectly?

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

I've sent both the script for your reference.

Thanks in Advance.

I got them.  I'll take a look and reply back.

Anthony Holloway

Hello,

Has there been any solution to this one? I cannot maintain the original callers caller ID on agent transfers.

If there was a solution or workaround to this, please post.

Here is my call flow:

Agent accepts an inbound call, all data is correct utilizing get call contact info step, and set enterprise call info step.

This agent transfers the caller to a trigger (another script) and the caller ID then changes to the agent extension who completed the transfer.

Thanks

Im still looking for a solution about this can anyone help me ?

Does someone find out any solution for original caller id issue when the call transfer to external number that should display it instead of cti no.

Thanks

Hi Anthony I can not find your e-mail on your profile I also sent you PM for my case.

Can I have your e-mail ?

Thanks