Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX HA. Agents stay in Reserved state

HCL Support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are facing problem as " Desktop agent goes in reserved state are using Cisco Contact Center Express 8.5.1.11002-22 This contact Center is integrated with CUCM 8.0.2.10000-41 "

Please suggest us on this and conform the type of information needed here.

Regards,

Ashutosh

10 Replies 10

aniramac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is all your config adherent to supported configuration standards? This includes IPCC extensions being unique across partitions.

How is your Select Resource step in the script configured? Is it different from default?

For how long do your agents stay in Reserved? What is the next step they take? Do they remain stuck, or do they move to Talking / Not Ready / Ready?

What percentage of your agents are affected, and how often does this occur?

Thanks & Regards,
Anirudh
"Protocol, then product"

Thanks & Regards, Anirudh "Protocol, then product"

Hi Anirudh,

I have some similar issue. I have a customer that stated agents are taking too much time in the reserved state. He wanted to reduce that reserved time to 3secs. Is it in the script that I need to modify that time? 

Regards,
Jose Pichardo.

Hi Jose,

Reserved is the duration during which the phone is actually ringing for the agents. By default, this time is set to 12 seconds in the script on the Select Resource step. What this means is that, phone will ring for 12 seconds before the call will go Ring No Answer for that particular agent and will be delivered to someone else then.

You can reduce this time as per your requirement and ensure that you save the changes to the script, upload it again to the system and refresh both the script and application associated to it for the changes to take effect.

For your reference, I also have attached the screenshot from CCX Editor on how to do this

Regards

Deepak

Hi 

Reserved state is the state during which the system is transferring a call to the Agent.

Therefore you don't reduce it by reducing the 'timeout' on the select step - this will just lead to more RNAs.

You reduce it by having agents answer the calls faster - i.e. by using Auto-Answer. That may or may not be appropriate in every environment... but if the small amount of reserve time is a problem, then that is your fix.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

More or same we are talking the same thing. During the time when system is attempting to do the consult transfer from the CTI Port to the Agent phone, phone will be in ringing state only. Timeout on the Select Resource step is the parameter that decides for how long system will attempt to transfer a call from the port to the Agent phone before it will goes RNA and attempt another agent for that particular call.

Regards

Deepak

I understand what you are saying... however if agents are slowly answering calls, let's say you try to reduce your reserved time on reports, by dropping the ring timeout to 5 seconds.

Now your agents will RNA more often and it may even increase overall reserved time as it bounces around, and increase queue time as agents are made 'not ready' more frequently.

It might pressure agents to answer more quickly, but there are probably better methods.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

the issue is happening in the middle of the enabled call.

since the call getting drop off.

please suggest the idea what we can do

jesusmorales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In some time I saw this kind of behavior with a customer and it was problem of CSS&Partitions. Could you verify if CSS of CTI Ports can reach Partitions of Agent's extensions.

hth.

JM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: