cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX HA deployment

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, I can find the install and SRND documentation for UCCX Install but it doesn't actually tell me what is required and how it works. Basically if I have a HA environment, do I need 2 X route points and 2 X CTI ports, will I need to generate these seperatly from each UCCX serbver an hence re-install the applications and scripts and everything else twice, do I need to do a call forward no answer on the primary route point to go to the secondary one?

Many Thanks

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Paul

No - you get one CTI RP for each trigger.

You create a group of CTI ports (call control group) once, and if you specify 10 ports on a non-HA system you get 10 ports from the base 10 you enter.

If you have HA, then you get 20 ports after asking for 10 (10 for each server).

As the RP is single and is 'owned' by whichever server is master, you don't have to do any call forwards.

Scripts, config etc is all replicated so aside from the CTI ports for each server, nothing is server specific really.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Oh right - think I get it. so if the route point tries to forward a call on a cti port but that cti port is unregistered because the uccx server is down it will eventually go to one of the cti ports that is registred from the secondary uccx server?

Not quite!!

CTI RP for any app is registered to the current active server. It knows which ports are available/active and refers the call to it's own chosen port.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Cheers Aaron

Hi every body and Aaaron,

I have and UCCX in HA, but in the Call Control Group I the area that said Number Of CTI Ports I can´t fill the blank with 50 (CTI ports that I have configured in the Call Manager) after the synchronization just show Infomational Message

In progress.... and after to refresh the page are shown only 25 CTI ports asociated, What Could be the reason of this behaivor?

Thank you very much if some body can help me with this.

Just wanted to reply and say thanks Aaron for the explanation! Reading it this morning finally clicked in my head what I'd been doing wrong and I've now got my deployment working properly as well!!

Glad it helped you :-)

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...