Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX HRC login error:

Is there a doc that can tell me the valid characters for the Historical Reporting Client password?  One of our users keeps getting this error:   Login Error An error occurred while attempting to communicate with web server.  Check your userid and password and try again.

I've tried it from the users machine with my credentials and got in fine.  I know the user has special characters like >,.,?,/ in their password.  They need at least 1 or 2 special characters for some other applications.  If I knew which UCCX will allow me to use we can come up with a new password.  Thank you.

Phil

6 REPLIES

Re: UCCX HRC login error:

If I am correct, the HRC is case sensitive on the username as well. Have

you tried that?

Yes we have.  Thank you.

I do not think that HRC or CCX handles this. All authentication is done via CM. Now wether or not the CM is using Active Directory and what affect that has I do not know.

Can this person login to the http://cmserver/ccmuser page on the CM server with those creds?

Bronze

I was getting a similar error message until i turned off my mcafee anti-virus and it worked.  check to see if your anti-virus isn't blocking anything.

Thanks for the suggestions but I am able to login from the same machine with my credentials.  Also this user logs into CAD without a problem.

Thanks again.

This issue can happen if the username/password of the user for which       the login failed contain any special character like underscore (_), ~, etc. If       so, remove the special character from the username/password in order to resolve       the issue.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content