Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

uccx HRC Unable to establish connection to database. error 5051

We have UCCX 8.5.2 and we are reinstalled Historical report application on another machine. I am getting error while connecting to HRC

Unable to establish connection to database. error 5051

When I searched, probably reason is this folder is empty.

'C:\Program files\Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports\Driver' folder is EMPTY

Client-SDK' is NOT present. What could be the issue?

I have reinstalled informix driver separately and tried. Also I have reinstalled the HRC. But no use. Getting same error while connection to UCCX HRC

Pls. advice.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Rajesh,Can you try the

Hi Rajesh,

Can you try the following on the machine you are having issues with -

Complete the following steps:

1.I would uninstall and reinstall using an account that is at least a local administrator if not a domain administrator on this PC

2.From the Windows Control Panel on the Cisco Unified CCX Historical reports client computer, choose Data Sources (ODBC).

3. Create a DSN to the db_cra database on the Cisco Unified CCX server to which the client computer is attempting to connect. Make sure the client  computer and the Cisco Unified CCX server have the same Administrator password. While pointing the ODBC data source to the Cisco Unified CCX server, use<crsServerNameOrIP>\CRSSQL where crsServerNameOrIP is the named instance. For example, if your Cisco Unified CCX server name is CiscoUCCXserver1, in the Server input box, type CiscoUCCXserver1\CRSSQL. Cisco Unified CCX uses NT authentication, so choose the Windows NT authentication radio button.

4. If the DSN cannot be created, verify that network connectivity exists between the Cisco Unified CCX Historical Reports client computer and the Cisco Unified CCX server.

5. If you are able to connect successfully using the DSN, update the hrcConfig.ini file on the client computer with the appropriate network library.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/A_Database_Connection_Error_5051_error_appears

Thanks, Tony Please rate helpful posts!

HiI tried all these methods,

Hi

I tried all these methods, but didnt work. any other suggestion before going ahead with opening TAC case.

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

This has been resolved by un

This has been resolved by un-install and re-install application with "Run as Administrator"

Views
Helpful
Replies