Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

UCCX Inbound calls from PSTN recieve enganged signal

Hi,

I have setup a couple of scripts and tested them internally, the triggers/CTI route points are internal only and have translations configured.

My gateways are MGCP and not experincing any issues on incoming calls from external to handsets or other transaltions that also translate the Hunt Pilot Points.

When dialing from external to the contact centre I recieve an engagned signial. I have also tried to delete the translation and applied it direct as a tigger.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: UCCX Inbound calls from PSTN recieve enganged signal

Hello,

The call flow from the CUCM to UCCX for every call is basically this:

1. CUCM receives a call to a CTI Route Point that points to the UCCX system

2. The CUCM sends a JTAPI Route Request to the UCCX system specify the JTAPI trigger

3. The UCCX system receives the Route Request, identifies the application, identifies a CTI port from the Telephony Control group, and reserves that port for the appropriate application

4. The UCCX system replies to the Route Request with the directory number of the CTI port that the CUCM should send the original caller to

5. The CUCM performs digit analysis using the call originator's Calling Search Space and the CTI port's directory number.  Assuming this passes, then proceed to step 6

6. CUCM performs SCCP/MGCP/H.323/SIP call setup to the originator and CTI call setup to the CTI port and the call begins

Step #5 may be where you are probably getting hung up.  In your case, the gateway's CSS must be able to reach the CTI port patterns.  Even if they are not part of your DID range, you still have to allow the gateway to see the CTI ports.

You can use translation patterns in the partition(s) that your gateway uses to reach the CTI ports.  That isn't the problem.  Whether you put the CTI ports in a partition that is a member of your gateway CSS or use a translation pattern that your gateway CSS can reach doesn't matter.  If you use a translation pattern, the CSS assigned to the translation must contain a partition that has your UCCX CTI Ports.

Now, you may think that what I said is wrong because you have seen in the UCCX configuration for the CTI Route Point/JTAPI Trigger where you can set a customer redirect CSS that will allow you to "hide" the CTI ports but still be able to reach them.  Unfortunately, that parameter does not work and has not worked since it was first introduce in CRS 4.0.  It is broken in 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x.   It is supposed to be fixed in UCCX 8.0 but we will see.  The Cisco bug that I am referring to here is: CSCsr83511

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

2 REPLIES

Hello,

The call flow from the CUCM to UCCX for every call is basically this:

1. CUCM receives a call to a CTI Route Point that points to the UCCX system

2. The CUCM sends a JTAPI Route Request to the UCCX system specify the JTAPI trigger

3. The UCCX system receives the Route Request, identifies the application, identifies a CTI port from the Telephony Control group, and reserves that port for the appropriate application

4. The UCCX system replies to the Route Request with the directory number of the CTI port that the CUCM should send the original caller to

5. The CUCM performs digit analysis using the call originator's Calling Search Space and the CTI port's directory number.  Assuming this passes, then proceed to step 6

6. CUCM performs SCCP/MGCP/H.323/SIP call setup to the originator and CTI call setup to the CTI port and the call begins

Step #5 may be where you are probably getting hung up.  In your case, the gateway's CSS must be able to reach the CTI port patterns.  Even if they are not part of your DID range, you still have to allow the gateway to see the CTI ports.

You can use translation patterns in the partition(s) that your gateway uses to reach the CTI ports.  That isn't the problem.  Whether you put the CTI ports in a partition that is a member of your gateway CSS or use a translation pattern that your gateway CSS can reach doesn't matter.  If you use a translation pattern, the CSS assigned to the translation must contain a partition that has your UCCX CTI Ports.

Now, you may think that what I said is wrong because you have seen in the UCCX configuration for the CTI Route Point/JTAPI Trigger where you can set a customer redirect CSS that will allow you to "hide" the CTI ports but still be able to reach them.  Unfortunately, that parameter does not work and has not worked since it was first introduce in CRS 4.0.  It is broken in 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x.   It is supposed to be fixed in UCCX 8.0 but we will see.  The Cisco bug that I am referring to here is: CSCsr83511

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Bronze

HI,

Thanks for you input on this. I ran a DNA on the translation pattern and got the all clear and also tested another extension (not a CTI RP) to change too and that also works.

When I change it back im still getting the busy/engaged signal.

I have seen some other posts regarding codec (g711 in use) and ensured the regions are setup as should to reflect this but still no joy.

Would be good if someone had an MGCP config out there if there is anything else I have to configure because Im just using the stock standard config for call manager to control the gateways.

----

Edit:

I just checked out that bug, I placed the internal calling search spaces into the gateway-css and that did the trick.

THANKS!!

----

Regards

Heath

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content