Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX integration to LDAP server

Hi,

I am trying to implement a contact center with UCCX 7.0. One of my requirements is to do a database look-up from the IVR Script. Below is what I need to accomplish:

1) Collect the digits (ID) from the caller.

2) Do a Db dip to fetch the caller's rank/designation based on the collected digits.

3) This information is presently residing in an LDAP server. So, I basically have to establish a connection from the UCCX to the LDAP and perform the fetching within my script.

I know that UCCX supports ODBC connectivity. Can I accomplish this like a regular DB look-up & use a SQL query. AS far I know, LDAP doesn't support the SQL form of queries. How to accoplish this?

If I can connect to the LDAP server via ODBC, what would be the drivers to use?

Thanks,

DM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: UCCX integration to LDAP server

You can write pure Java in any step that has the Expression Language Editor.  For example, the Set and Do steps do.

Note that there are a few limitations to the Expression Language Editor that are not present in Java.  For example, you surround your Java code in curly braces, and you cannot import anything.  Therefore, you must reference all Classes by the full path.

i.e., instead of HashMap, use java.util.HashMap

The connection method is via an LDAP service provider.  You can read more here:

http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/connect/create.html

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
4 REPLIES

You are correct.  You would need to exercise your Java skills a bit to accomplish this task.  Rest assured, this is completely possible, as I have done it already.

Connecting to MS AD with Java

Anthony Holloway

Thanks for your response.

Can I directy write this piece of code in java within the CRS script?

Also, this means I have to rule out the ODBC connectivy option. If so, how does UCCX establish coonection to the LDAP server?

Appreciate your help

DM

You can write pure Java in any step that has the Expression Language Editor.  For example, the Set and Do steps do.

Note that there are a few limitations to the Expression Language Editor that are not present in Java.  For example, you surround your Java code in curly braces, and you cannot import anything.  Therefore, you must reference all Classes by the full path.

i.e., instead of HashMap, use java.util.HashMap

The connection method is via an LDAP service provider.  You can read more here:

http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/connect/create.html

Anthony Holloway

Thanks Again, Will try this approach and let you know how this goes!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content