Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

UCCX integration with SQL 2012

I see that this is still not a valid integration, even with UCCX9. I have a customer currently running UCCX7.x with an active integration to a SQL2k12 DB that seems to work just fine. Apparently the SQL Server was updated from 2k8 at some point without their knowledge. I know things are a bit trickier in the Linux environment with the introduction of JDBC drivers. All of that said, two questions. First, does anyone know if Cisco plans to certify 2k12 anytime soon? Second, has anybody had success with integrations to SQL2k12 from any UCCX8 or higher versions, even if unsupported.

I planned to try JTDS 1.2.5 which is the recommended version for SQL2k8 to see what I get but it may be next week before I have access. Any insight appreciated and I'll report back with any findings I make as well.

Everyone's tags (4)
5 REPLIES

Here's what I received from DPI Helpdesk some time ago:

"We plan to qualify SQL2012 in 9.0(2) SU1 in September 13"

Regards,

Koen

Hi,

it's fine to use 1.2.5 or even 1.3.0. Newer SQL servers use and/or understand older protocols, too.

Is there anything specific you need to use with SQL 2012?

G.

Bronze

I was going with 1.2.5 simply since it was the last one referenced in the Cisco guides and I believe I found an older post that mentioned some issues with a higher release (most likely a dated post). The SQL 2k12 DB is only referenced in a read-only fashione. Basically just some very simple SELECT statements passing in some rather simple WHERE clauses. About as minimimalist of an integration as one could hope for. I'm hoping to confirm this in the scripts tomorrow. I'll most likely focus on getting everything up and tested on 1.2.5 and then once I know I have a solid solution there I'll update to 1.3.0 and see if I can break it. Fortunately there is a gap here so plenty of time to test it out. Thanks to you both.

Bronze

Unfortunately this did not work. I attempted with 1.2.5 and 1.2.8. I was unable to load any JTDS drivers higher than 1.2.8 as it would throw a certificate error each time. So I continued to test with 1.2.8 and the interesting thing is that in the Script Editor I am able to successfully test the query and it results in returning some rows. I thought I was golden but of course when I go to actually place a call it fails and through some reactive debugging I've determined it is following the 'Connection not available' branch of the DB Read step. Will be dumping some logs tomorrow but thought I'd post while it was fresh.

Hi,

can you please post the stack trace, if any - I would like to know if it's UCCX or JTDS throwing the exception.

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content