cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX IP Phone Agent, LDAP implementation, use PIN instead of password?

martygriffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

CUCM 7.1, UCCX 7.0(5)

I have a customer who has an LDAP integration (Active Directory) for their Unified Communications Manager.  Their policies require users to change passwords every 3 months.  Their implementation of IP Phone Agent uses parameters to automatically log in the agent.  However, when the password changes, the administrators are required to change the parameters in the IP Phone Agent subscription.  This tends to be a bit cumbersome as the administer needs to deal with the subscription parameters for every agent.

Has anyone modified the XML pages for the service to accept the CUCM PIN instead of the password?  So the parameters would be Ext, ID, PIN.  Or is there a better method to make this easier for this customer?  Thanks for your ideas!

- Marty Griffin

mgriffin@goldsys.com

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I'm not aware of any way to allow use of PIN to log onto CAD.

I guess your only options are:

1) Have agents log in by entering their own password, or educate them to update the parameters on their service via CCMUser

2) Have agents use the full CAD client (logging in via the keyboard is less cumbersome)

3) Have agents use the CAD-BE client if they have a java capable browser (again, logging in via keyboard) but for some reason can't have a CAD installation

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: