Helpful
Replies

UCCX IVR

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work for a hospital and we are looking at Cisco UCCX to acheive the following

IVR systems to send voice reminders to patients for filling and taking medications as well as scheduling and going to doctor appointments.

At a high level how does UCCX and UCM provide this solution and do i need other Cisco UC apps?

Thanks

Nki

1 Reply 1

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

well, it might seem a bit silly to say, but for this you don't really need to have UCCX at all.

Let me just ask to make sure we are on the same frequency: you need an application that watches a database where the patients' phone numbers and the date and time of their appointments is stored, and if that appointment is approaching (let's say, it's in two days), then it places a call, and plays a static message, for instance "your appointment is in two days".

If so, you might need a different application, not UCCX. It cannot do the scheduling part, although it contains an automated dialer, but it's more like bulk dialling, for doing campaigns etc, you fill it up with a list of contacts and it just starts dialling them.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: