Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Large Peripheral Variable Size

We are implementing UCCX 7.0 with CAD and integrated browser. In our script, we're fetching a URL from an external DB and passing that on through call variables.

The variable we are trying to send can reach 600 charachters in length and need to be used in the browser link on CAD.

when sending the variable the UCCX displays something else although the script is receiving the variable from the DB in the string variable.

what needs to be done to transfer this variable size.

the integration is with Oracle JD Edwards.

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

What does the Enterprise Data section of CAD show in comparison to what the database returned in the string variable? Is the former a truncated value of the later or something completely different?

Are you using the CallVariable1-10 or did you create a ECC variable and use that?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or

it shows some weird characters like %edfs% something like that but not related to the queried variable i am receiving on the script debug, it is something completely different.

i am using 3 variables of the 1-10. no ECC test yet because i contacted TAC and they said:

"A peripheral variable can only contain 40 characters, an ECC variable can contain 210 characters, since both are below your requirement of 500 character, you'll need to re-think if you need to pass the whole URL or if you're able to only pass the part that can change."

VIP Super Bronze

I knew of the peripheral variable limit but not the ECC limit. Perhaps write a webservice that returns a shortened URL to CCX and then redirects the CAD browser to the full JD Edwards URL when the browser hits it?

PS- Reserve your Peripheral Variables to things you want stored in the database (e.g. account numbers). Normally this is something you want to run reports on later. The ECC variables only survive as long as the call does and aren't written to the DB.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or
Views
Helpful
Replies