Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX License\Unit consumption

I'm trying to determine how many of our UCCX licenses\units are being consumed and whether the fact that some users are in more than one CSQ (Call Queue) is consuming more licenses than if they were in just one CSQ?

Is there a place to view the actual licenses being consumed?

We have 40 x Cisco Unified CCX Enhanced Seat(s) and  60 users with the potential to login to agent. Typically there are about 24 agents logged in concurrently. We recently received a notice from a user that they were unable to login to agent and received a message that we were consuming all of our licenses. We are in the process of acquiring more licenses but until those are in place I wanted to get a better idea of the consumption of licenses.

Thanks!

• Contact Center
8 REPLIES
Silver

Hello-Seat licenses are used

Hello-

Seat licenses are used based on the number of concurrent logged in agents regardless of how many skills are assigned.

If you are running UCCX 9.x or newer with CUIC enabled you can run the "License Utilization Hourly Report" to look at the historical utilization.  If you are running older versions or using Historical Reporting the only option I am aware of is looking at Real Time Reporting using the "Overall Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Stats" report, but this will only give you the current moment in time.

DJ

DJ,Nice mention of the CUIC

DJ,

Nice mention of the CUIC Report!

Additionally, you can do the following:

On Windows based versions of UCCX (7x and lower) you would run the following command line utility right from the server:

C:\>"c:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\ShowLicenseUsage.exe"
admin - desktop:

admin - enterprise:

admin - personnel:

admin - cti config:

admin - presence:

seat:
  aholloway (172.16.10.11)

email seat:

C:\>

On Linux based versions of UCCX (8x and higher), you would run the following CLI command from an SSH client:

admin:show uccx cad license usage
License Report for seat:
        18 of 19 available.
        Lessees:
License Report for email seat:
        200 of 200 available.
        Lessees:
License Report for admin - desktop:
        1 of 1 available.
        Lessees:
License Report for admin - enterprise:
        1 of 1 available.
        Lessees:
License Report for admin - personnel:
        1 of 1 available.
        Lessees:
License Report for admin - cti config:
        1 of 1 available.
        Lessees:
License Report for admin - presence:
        1 of 1 available.
        Lessees:
admin:

Anthony Holloway Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Silver

Thanks for the CLI command,

Thanks for the CLI command, Anthony.  It would be nice if Cisco would add the username into the CLI command like they do in the windows version.

DJ

I didn't even notice that at

I didn't even notice that at first, but you're right. It's the PC IP address only.  hmm..Not super useful but does still give you an idea of current license usage.

Do you have a screenshot of the CUIC report for comparison?  And does it change at all from version 9/10.0 to 10.5 when they introduced Live Data?

Anthony Holloway Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Silver

This was from 9.0(2), but I'm

This was from 9.0(2), but I'm not sure if it has changed in 10.0 to 10.5. 

DJ

HelloI have the same problem.

Hello

I have the same problem. My customer is running UCCX 9.02 but using the old Historical Reporting Tool with several own-developed Crystal Reports... They cannot assume the change to CUIC because they'll lose those reports.

They need the mentioned License Utilization Hourly Report, but it does not appear in HRT. I am considering the possibility of developing a new Crystal Report but it would be great if anybody tells me the store procedure that the CUIC report uses...

Could you please tell me what sp is calling the CUIC report?

Thanks a lot!

PS. Sorry for my english

Silver

Hello- Taking a look at the

Hello-

Taking a look at the SQL it is using "sp_license_utilization"

DJ

Thank you, djlundbergI've

Thank you, djlundberg

I've installed a dummy uccx 9.0.2 and saw the SQL command used to run the report in CUIC:

{call sp_license_utilization('2015-06-08 22:00:00','2015-06-09 21:59:59','0','1')}

I think I can build a Crystal Report with this information... The first 2 parameters are Start Date and End Date. Any idea of the meaning of the rest "0" and "1"?

Thanks again

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.