Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX limit duration of calls in Queue

Hi,

How can I redirect a call to another queue after it stays in the first queue for X amount of time? This is to say to limit the duration of a call in the first queue to X amount and then once it reaches that target, it will be redirected to another queue.

best regards

Abebe

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Create a queue loop counter

Create a queue loop counter and then check its value every time the call loops through the loop logic such as:

queue:

if counter = X 

dequeue

select resource (new CSQ)

else

play annoucment

moh

increment counter

goto queue

The counter number would be based on your total MOH and announcement length, so if you play 30 sec of MOH and 10 sec annoucment, that gives you 40 sec, if you want the call to be queued for 2 minutes (120 sec / 40 sec) your counter would be 3.

Chris

Correct, use the same logic

Correct, use the same logic if that is what you desire, all you need to do is change the CSQ name.

Chris

7 REPLIES

Create a queue loop counter

Create a queue loop counter and then check its value every time the call loops through the loop logic such as:

queue:

if counter = X 

dequeue

select resource (new CSQ)

else

play annoucment

moh

increment counter

goto queue

The counter number would be based on your total MOH and announcement length, so if you play 30 sec of MOH and 10 sec annoucment, that gives you 40 sec, if you want the call to be queued for 2 minutes (120 sec / 40 sec) your counter would be 3.

Chris

Hi Chris,Thanks a lot for the

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for the quick solution, much appreciated.

Just one question, in the If section, what does dequeue represent? a redirect step?

Abebe

Dequeue step stops queuing

Dequeue step stops queuing the call to the first CSQ, if you want the call queued for both CSQs then you would not do it, but if you want the call to only queue CSQ 2 then this is the way to do it.

Chris

Hi Chris,What do I do with

Hi Chris,

What do I do with the queued branch of the second select resource step (right after dequeue step)? do I do the same step as before I mean hold the call, delay, play MOH, call unhold and go to queue label?

I have attached a snapshot of my script showing the relevant section. 

best regards,

Abebe

Correct, use the same logic

Correct, use the same logic if that is what you desire, all you need to do is change the CSQ name.

Chris

Thanks for the support Chris,

Thanks for the support Chris, much appreciated.

Abebe

You're welcome, thank you for

You're welcome, thank you for nice rating.

Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies