Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Master Reelection

Hi

I was wondering how can accomplish this?

I have two nodes in HA and as default, the Publisher is the Master at this time, I would like to change the Master to be the Subscriber.

System version: 9.0.2.11001-24

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rolando, if  you said that the Publisher is the master at this time and you would like the Publisher to be the master, then you don't need to do anything ..but I guess you mean the Subscriber is the master right now. The master election occurs when the Cisco Unified CCX Engine component fails. After that the stand by server takes the mastership and remains like that after the Cisco Unified CCX Engine component fails over again. So restar the Cisco Unified CCX Engine component of the actual master server to fails over the other node in the cluster.

Gabriel.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Rolando, if  you said that the Publisher is the master at this time and you would like the Publisher to be the master, then you don't need to do anything ..but I guess you mean the Subscriber is the master right now. The master election occurs when the Cisco Unified CCX Engine component fails. After that the stand by server takes the mastership and remains like that after the Cisco Unified CCX Engine component fails over again. So restar the Cisco Unified CCX Engine component of the actual master server to fails over the other node in the cluster.

Gabriel.

Hi Gabriel

Thank you for the quick reply and restarting the CCX engine all the other services will switch to slave as well?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/trasgo04/Master.png

Thanks.

Hi Rolando, that's correct. All the ACD and desktop services, will fail over to the other node in the cluster.

Any way, you can read about HA behavior in the UCCX SRND: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/design/uccx851srnd.pdf

HTH

Best Regards!

Gabriel.

Great!

Thank you Gabriel