Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Patching Process

dmurthy74
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a couple of questions on the UCCX patching process.

1) Does Cisco notify its vendors about periodic patches that Cisco comes out with? I mean is there anyway that we can be automatically notified if there is new patch available at the cisco site that requires us to upgrade our servers to the latest patch? What is  the typical procedure for patch upgrade?

2)  My understanding is there is only kind of patch that needs to be done on the UCCX servers which is the OS patch ( SR3 or SR4). Am I right here or are there any other application patches ( admin or crs or db patchess) that I need to be aware of?

3) Does Cisco support Tivoli monitoring for low disk space on the UCCX servers?

Thanks,

DM

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. I am not aware of an automatic notification mechanism for software updates. I have never bothered to look though so perhaps others who aren't immersed in CCX full-time have an answer here.
  2. There are two patch types: OS and application. You need to pay careful attention to the Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide for Cisco  Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR which specifies what is compatible.
    1. The OS is the same Windows UCOS 2003 used by other UC applications. Read the release notes very carefully when upgrading. The upgrade sequence is very specific!
    2. The CCX application patches are also available on CCO. Remember that you can only get patches for the major version you are on (e.g. 7.0). If you want to upgrade a major version, such as to 8.0 from 7.0, you need to place a PUT order.
  3. I would suggest finding this via SNMP.

Thanks for the quick response!

We are currently on UCCX7.0(1)SR4.

For Q1) Can you suggest from where I could gather information on the availability of such notifiations?

For Q3) Can you elaborate a little more on using SNMP for monitoring the low disk place on UCCX srevers foe regular system maintainence?

appreciate your help!

DM

You can register for the Field notificaton on Cisco site. I have done that, Microsoft patch or major Bug will be published there. Its good to register those notifications. You can either register for the RSS feeds or the email notification.

Subscribe for the "Field Notice" notification in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/support/notifications.html

If you have any SNMP monitoring solution in the datacenter, like HP OpenView or SolarWinds....etc. You can configure the Microsoft SNMP to send alerts to the SNMP server, All that you would need is the community string and the target IP address.

-Manoj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: