Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Prompt Management

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

I wanted to know can someone tell me how do I start off making a phone prompt for a receptionist in one of our offices.

She wants a prompt so that when you call the main number to the branch you get a prompt saying for example if you want

shipping press 1. If you want sales press 2, and stuff along that line. I've looked in UCCX and I see where other prompts

are stored and I know the lady who will record the prompt but this is what I want to know. Is there like a blank template that

I can send her to record the prompt and once she does do it how do I apply it to the main phone number of the location so that's what

they get when they call the location.Thanks for any help and I look forward to your replys and have a great day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scooter817 wrote:

...how do I apply it to the offices man number so that's what people hear when they call in...

Unfortunately you need to create a script.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

Please use the below thread,

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2063348

Thanks,

Anand

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So UCCX does not come with a built-in feature for prompt managment.  You will need to build one yourself.

Here's the bare minimum to get you started:

Variables

Document recording = DOC[]

User repo_user = USER[aholloway]

Script

Start

Accept (--Triggering Contact--)

recording = Recording (--Triggering Contact--, P[])

Successful

Authenticate User(repo_user, PIN = "12345")

Successful

Upload Prompt (recording to L[en_US] as "" + new Date().getTime() + "-recording.wav")

Successful

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

Unsuccessful

Terminate (--Triggering Contact--)

End

Do change the user ID from "aholloway" to a real user ID and set the PIN to match it (PIN's are set in CUCM).

What this will do is: you call the trigger, and you will then hear a beep tone.  After the beep, you speak your recording, and then press # when finished.

It if worked, you will have a file in your Prompt Repository, in the en_US folder called something like: 138323456789-recording.wav.

You will need to rename it to a friendlier name like: main_menu.wav.

Once you rename the file, you can then start building your Auto Attendant script, and reference this prompt in a variable like so:  P[main_menu.wav]

Hope that helps.

Anthony Holloway

So could I just use the Gold Wave software to have the prompt recorded and upload it to the repository that way.

I think the official appliction is sound recorder.  There's a section on how to do this in the help documents:

https://:8443/appadmin/help/default/appadmin/help/output/App_Menu4.html

Message was edited by: Anthony Holloway - Fixed the URL - And Again

That sounds alot easy than making a script so I'm going to do it that way. But I have one more question, once I get the prompt recorded how do I apply it to the offices man number so that's what people hear when they call in

scooter817 wrote:

...how do I apply it to the offices man number so that's what people hear when they call in...

Unfortunately you need to create a script.

OK

I was trying  not bother a co-worker that usually does these so I could learn myself but I will just have him help me and take some notes. Thanks for all your help Anthony and have a great day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: