Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX Prompt Recorder

Hello All,

My goal is to have employees in my CS dept call a number, record 1 or more prompts and then upload them to uccx.

When I first call it, it asks me to provide my user name, after doing so, I can see my name appear, so I know I am using the correct user name.

I make it successfully through the script until I get to the upload part, it goes to unsuccessful and ends the call.

At this point, I don't know if it's not finding the correct folder to upload to or maybe permission issue with my account?

I checked a few other posts on this topic but I was unable to resolve this issue.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UCCX Prompt Recorder

He meant there is a scripting step called Authenticate User and you need to use it in your script prior to the Upload Prompt step.

Do you have the Authenticate User step in your script already?  I cannot see it in your screenshot.

Here are the bare minimum steps needed to created a prompt recorder script:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3575237#3575237

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Anthony Holloway

6 REPLIES

UCCX Prompt Recorder

You need to authenticate the user and make sure that the user account is an administrative user on the UCCX Cluster.

UCCX Prompt Recorder

Hi dferrie,

I checked both UCCX servers on the cluster (Tools, User Management, Administrator Capability view, my user name is CCX Administrator on both servers.

Should it be prompting me for my password, or just user name?

Thank you for the quick reply.

UCCX Prompt Recorder

He meant there is a scripting step called Authenticate User and you need to use it in your script prior to the Upload Prompt step.

Do you have the Authenticate User step in your script already?  I cannot see it in your screenshot.

Here are the bare minimum steps needed to created a prompt recorder script:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3575237#3575237

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Re: UCCX Prompt Recorder

Hi Anthony,

I did not have that step and I think that must be where I am having the issue.

I simplified the script down to bare bones to make sure I understand the basics.

I added the authenticate user step and choose PIN instead of password.  ( I reset my PIN to 12345 in UCUM)

I also added a Get Digit String  step so I can enter my PIN.  I made the value = PIN

Once I entered my PIN it still failed on the upload step.

Error message " result of invalid length; expecting minimum length of: 1"

PromptRecorder2.jpg

*Correction *

I was able to get this working.

Under the UploadPrompt Step I replaced name with

"" + new Date().getTime() + "-recording.wav"

*Which I found from Anthony's post*

Once I changed this and tried it again, it worked successfully.

The name is a wav file with a bunch of numbers under prompt management, but this can be easily changed.

I uploaded my script in case anyone wants to use this.  It's not perfect, but hopefully it might help someone out.

Anthony,

Thanks again, I always appreciate your help.

By the time I completely figure out UCCX, I will not only owe you a drink, but probably an entire bar. 

Have a good one!

That's great that you got this working: how you figured out that the caller can provide the PIN, and how you figured out your file name issue.

I use the epoch date/time stemp because it garantees unique file names, so you could technically loop your script, recording 15 recordings, and they would all be uploaded with unique names.

Additionally, you could use the Get Digit String step again for a prompt name.  For example, you could ask the caller "Please enter a four digit prompt number"

Then, with a completely numeric prompt repository, you could enhance your prompt recorder into a prompt manager and ask stuff like "To review an existing recording, enter its four digit number now".

If you were at Cisco Live US 2013 this past month, then we had a chance to meet up.  If not, then we'll have to wait on those drinks.  Thanks for the kind words.

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content