Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX - Queueing strategy

angelique.devos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When a contact is in the queue, what is the best option: place the call on hold and unhold after a certain delay? Or play a prompt?

What's the influence on the resources of both my MoH-server or my UCCX-server?

Angelique

3 Replies 3

johndrosa
Level 1
Level 1

I would use a prompt combined with "on-hold" tone or music. This lets the caller know you still have an interest in the call and you can also provide alternative contact information for the call type. Impact is largely on the queueing ports.

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

The are advantages to both approaches.

Assuming you use multicast for MoH then placing calls on hold places no additional load on the MoH server as it is only has to send one stream regardless of the number of devices on hold.

Using the hold step does however stop you offering in queue options to callers whilst on hold - e.g. If you do not wish to hold press 1 to leave a message.

I normally use prompts for callers on hold who are offered in queue options and MoH for those that are not.

The former generally comprise a message stating that the call is valuable blah blah followed by 60 seconds of music.

Doing this allows the caller to select in-call options at any time but does place additional load on the UCCX server as it must play the prompt to each holding caller.

James,

Please forgive me for being such a UCCX noob, but how do you allow the users to select the in-call options at any time? Are you using menus, or is there a better method that I am missing.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: