Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

UCCX random automated agent recording

I have been looking into a way to automatically record UCCX agents without supervisor involvement. One option I am reseaching is to use IPC (Remote Access).

My thinking is to configure CAD to send an IPC message to a server when the agent receives a call. The server would be configured to randomly send an IPC Record Start message to the CAD client to start a recording. CAD would also send an IPC message when the call ends. The server would be configured to send the Record Stop message (If necessary; not sure about that).

I would not want to record many calls during the day, so the server would be configured to only send a record start message only x times a day.

Does anyone know the syntax for the IPC Record Start and Record Stop commands? Also, would the IPC stop command be necessary? I'm not sure if the CAD would keep recording every call if it didn't receive a Record Stop command.

NOTE: Another option I was looking into was to randomly set an enterprise data field to 1 which would be a rule in a record action on CAD. CAD does record when I statically set the value to 1, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get the random value into the script though.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super Bronze

Re: UCCX IPC commands

Hi

I would definately go with plan B - sounds much more reliable that messing with random IPC commands....

To get a random number, create yourself an integer (iRandom) for example, and do something like this:

java.lang.Math.random() creates a random number between 0 and 1., *10 makes it a number between 0 and 9.. so you have a 10% chance of getting a 1. Use a smaller or larger multiplier to change the chance of getting a 1 in whichever direction you prefer.

Then, as you suggest, launch the record utility if it matches 1.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: UCCX random automated agent recording

As a thank you, here is a Ruby program that does exactly what you were asking for.  It uses both IPC send and receive to accomplish this.

I have no doubt that you could expand on this feature to include, per team statistics, logging, etc.

How to:

Install Ruby on your designated IPC Server (this could be your own PC for testing)

Configure CAD Remote Access enable for port 58000

Configure CAD voice action "Answer" to send IPC event to server address and port 58001

Include a User Define variable called "action" with value "call_start"

Include a Data Field variable called "agent_id" with value [AGENT_ID]

Run the ruby program provided on the IPC server

Launch CAD, and start taking calls

Again, thank you for exposing me to this awesome feature!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
14 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: UCCX IPC commands

Hi

I would definately go with plan B - sounds much more reliable that messing with random IPC commands....

To get a random number, create yourself an integer (iRandom) for example, and do something like this:

java.lang.Math.random() creates a random number between 0 and 1., *10 makes it a number between 0 and 9.. so you have a 10% chance of getting a 1. Use a smaller or larger multiplier to change the chance of getting a 1 in whichever direction you prefer.

Then, as you suggest, launch the record utility if it matches 1.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Bronze

aaronharrison,

This does work. The reason I was considering IPC commands was to limit the number of randomly recorded calls in a day and also to not show the Enterprise data on the agents desktop as is seen with CAD workflow recording. I have named the enterprise data something abstract so the agents won't know what it means. I may also increase the random numbers and allow for multiple numbers to generate a recording to further obscure it.

I think PLAN B will work with some possible tuning. I am giving you 5 stars for your answer. Even though my question was about IPC commands, the real intent was for a random agent call recording solution. You have provided the piece I was missing to make it work.

NOTE: I have changed the Subject line on this discussion to reflect my true intent in case others are looking for a random automated UCCX agent recording solution.

Thank you very much,

Mark

IPC Actions are uni-directional.  CAD -> Server

So your quest for using IPC to handle this will fall short of an answer.  Sorry Mark.

I can back Aaron's response, as this is nearly identical to how I have deployed this in the past.

Message was edited by: Anthony Holloway - I was incorrect in my statement, please see Mark's comments @ https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3038653#3038653

Anthony Holloway

Bronze

I did go with plan B and it is working as expected.

I am surprised that you say IPC is CAD->server only. I had just attended the UCCXD course and they clearly said you could use IPC to start an agent recording and a few other limited actions.

Mark

They either gave you bad information or you understood them incorrectly.

In Cisco Desktop Administrator, where you configure IPC actions, you can also configure Utility Actions, which do in fact allow you to start and stop recordings.

Message was edited by: Anthony Holloway - I was incorrect in my statement, please see Mark's comments @ https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3038653#3038653

Anthony Holloway

Bronze

Just a comment, what I've done in the past is just to record every Xth call by doing a GetReportingStatistic(TotalContacts) since just using a random number can give wildly differing numbers of calls actually recorded depending on how the dices are favouring you on a particular day. By using a reporting statistic to set a recording flag to trigger a workflow action, you can have a bit more control as to how many calls get recorded based on your call volumes (ie if your CC handles ~100 calls a day, you can just set the flag for every 10th call and you know you're recording roughly about 10% of calls)

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't read the 10% part of yours Anthony, that's probably a better way to go so you're not calling a report stat so nevermind me just a different way to skin the same cat

That was Aaron who said 10%.

And you're still correct in your logic.  The random method could still end up recording 100% of calls.... or none.

Think about how random rolling a dice is, then read this article.

Anthony Holloway

Bronze

Anthony,

I found in Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide where it talks about sending IPC events to CAD. The link is below. This document also contains example XML code for some of the supported actions for IPC Receive Events (IPC Make Call, IPC High Priority Chat, IPC Record, IPC Agent Notification, and IPC Set Variable).

Plan A was to use the CAD -> Server IPC action event to let a server know which agents were logged in and thier state. The server would then send an IPC Record event randomly and for a set amount of times per day.

The IPC Make Call IPC Receive Event sounds useful as well.

Search for IPC Receive Event in the document below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/cda66ug-cm.pdf

Thanks,

Mark

I am deeply remorseful for incorrectly insisting you and your teacher were incorrect.

Please accept my apologies, and I will edit my comments to reflect my mistake.

Also, thank you for educating me on two counts:  IPC receive events, and always double check the documentation.

Anthony Holloway

As a thank you, here is a Ruby program that does exactly what you were asking for.  It uses both IPC send and receive to accomplish this.

I have no doubt that you could expand on this feature to include, per team statistics, logging, etc.

How to:

Install Ruby on your designated IPC Server (this could be your own PC for testing)

Configure CAD Remote Access enable for port 58000

Configure CAD voice action "Answer" to send IPC event to server address and port 58001

Include a User Define variable called "action" with value "call_start"

Include a Data Field variable called "agent_id" with value [AGENT_ID]

Run the ruby program provided on the IPC server

Launch CAD, and start taking calls

Again, thank you for exposing me to this awesome feature!

Anthony Holloway

Bronze

Anthony,

This is much appreciated. I have been trying to use my extremely limited programming ability to put something like this together.You have saved me a lot of frustration. I will have to reevaluate my plan A and B again. Many thanks!

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at making use of the IPC receive action to make a call (using Make Call Action) triggered from a 3rd party tool. This is already supported in UCCX 7.x right?

There's one doc which mentioned this is not supported. I'm guessing this is an old version.

Thanks!

-JT-

Bronze

JT,

Make call is available in version 7, however there are some conditions tha have to be met before it will make the call for the agent. The first one being a possible concern if you don't want your agents in the Not Ready state.

From the link below:

For the IPC Make Call action to be successful:

The agent must be in the Not Ready state

There can be no call appearance present in Agent Desktop

The Make Call dialog box must be closed (if it is open, the action will close it)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_7_0/user/guide/cda66ug-cm.pdf

Bronze

I thought I would update this thread with another automated agent recording option. This time I set it up to record outbound calls from agents. Using workflow administrator, I was able to use the clock to generate the Xtype enterprise variable from the inbound call recording setup I have been using as described earlier in this thread. I then cofnigure it so that any time Xtype equals a certain time to start an outbound recording. This is not as random or versital as using the call script to generate the Xtype variable, but it does work. It does take some time to enter all of the times that should start a recording as well.

You have to set the time xx:xx:xx

This can be set up on an outbound only direction, or I guess in both

Hope this is useful to others.

Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content