cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Ready/Not Ready Softkey on 8841

jarod.alley
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anything anyone knows about that could accomplish this? Our agents are used to toggle their state with a button on their current phones.

4 Replies 4

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, it's called IP Phone Agent.

There are two different flavors of it, depending on which version of UCCX you're on.

There's pre-11.0, which is CAD IP Phone Agent and there's pos-11.0, which is Finesse IP Phone Agent.

thanks for the reply Anthony but we will be using Finesse through a browser. I am looking for a solution on the phone though. Do you know of anything that could be setup?

I'm not sure I understand your goal.  They have Finesse Desktop, which they need to keep, because presumably, they use some features inside of it, and yet, they want to move the State changes to softkeys on phones?  That doesn't make any sense to me, but I suppose, you could do that with the Finesse API and writing your own IP Phone Service, which you subscribe to the phone.

You would need to write your own web app, which can take in the keypress URL actions from the phone and then on the back end, execute the appropriate Finesse User API.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#userchange-agent-state/userchange-agent-state

uccx-finesse-user-api-phone-service.png

They currently have a off prem solution that enables them to set their status to Ready/Not Ready by pressing a button on the phone itself. Whether it makes sense or not we still have to present them with something they feel comfortable with. I do agree with you that they will be on the Finesse page for other information anyway so it should be no big deal to toggle that function. Thanks again for your input. You seem to have a solid grasp on all things UCCX. I'm about to post another inquiry, hope to se eyou there too hahaha.