Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Redundancy questions

Dear NetPro gurus,

I'm a newbie to UCCX so would appreciated anyone's help on this.

My customer currently has 2 x UCCXs 7.0 servers (on the same LAN), and they are wondering what do they have to do to make the system 'redundant'.

1. All scripts, prompts and CM Telephony Triggers have been created and uploaded onto the Primary UCCX Server and everything is working. Do they have to manually "upload" all of these onto the Secondary UCCX Server as well? Or is the backend sync between two UCCX Servers?
  2. If all the sync process is 'automatic' between 2 UCCX servers. My customer have tried to *power off* the primary UCCX Server, however, all of the CSQs dies. Is there anywhere i should get them to look to see why that is the case and how to fix?

Would greatly appreciated anyone helps on this.

Cheers,
Hunt

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Super Bronze

UCCX Redundancy questions

Hi

1. All the stuff you upload to UCCX actually goes into the 'repository', essentially a replicated DB between the two servers.

2. Aside from checking the replication status of the databases from AppAdmin, you also need to take a look at your scripts. It's very common for engineers to have not understood the system properly, and written (for example) XML files containing settings that the scripts need to the c:\ drive or wfavvid folder. These are not replicated, as they are local file system writes - the correct procedure is to use 'upload' steps to write them to the repository.

In terms of diagnosing this, you can go through the scripts which is easy if you know what you are looking for. The other option is during a maintenance period, fail over the system, and then do some reactive debugs of the scripts. Step through them, and see where they fail...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies