Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

UCCX remote site deployment

I am looking for some advice for standing up a remote call center.

HQ site:

CUCM 7.1 Cluster

UCCX 7.0 HA Cluster

Unity UM 7.0

400 phones 100 agents

Branch site:

60 phones

30 agents

Calls delivered via SIP from HQ to Br over MPLS with PSTN failover

Contact Center functions need to be up even if WAN link is down

Based on that information, would it be better to set up a separate UCCX cluster for the Branch site or maybe utilize my HQ UCCX cluster with redundant WAN connections? I think the latter will be cheaper, but I want to make sure I am providing the best possible solution for not only cost but reliability.

Also, do I need to have a Unity box in the Branch site, or can I have the HQ Unity serve the branch phones?

Any help is much appreciated (and rated)

Thanks!

Brett

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Re: UCCX remote site deployment

If that's your case you will likely need a dual-WAN design. It would still stop working if the WAN truely went down though (i.e. the site lost all connectivity). You would need to terminate calls locally for local [island mode] availability.

4 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Adding a CCX cluster or single server at the branch office would require that you add local UCM node(s) as well. You may want to review the UCM SRND for HAoWAN because it will result in a fair amount of signaling traffic for replication.

Redundant WANs is no cake walk either. UCM locations-based CAC has no way of tracking this without RSVP. You must also be mindful of your routing to ensure individual streams use only one link or the other and do not load balance across both which would likely result in bad QOS scores.

I would suggest asking what level of functionality is required in your WAN failure scenario? The business requirement typically is that the agents phone must still ring and the caller has a basic menu and/or greeting. You can accomplish this on the SRST router using the B-ACD TCL script. Anything beyond this gets costly.

Community Member

Jonathan, thanks for your reply. I think that utilizing the HQ UCCX cluster would definitely be a more simple and cost effective solution, but I guess the unknown part for me is what happens when the WAN link goes down?

The branch phones re-register in SRST to the local VG

The CAD client will log out when it can't reach the UCCX servers.

How do I get the calls to the agents if they are queued in the HQ UCCX cluster?

Thanks again!

Brett

VIP Super Bronze

If that's your case you will likely need a dual-WAN design. It would still stop working if the WAN truely went down though (i.e. the site lost all connectivity). You would need to terminate calls locally for local [island mode] availability.

Community Member

Well management decided to go big and put a full CUCM and UCCX cluster in the remote site. Looks like I have got a new project! Thanks again for the replies Jonathan!

Brett

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content