cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX reporting on menu options

cisabucho
Level 1
Level 1

I know this subject is discussed many times as per the below sample discussion on this forum

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11399496/track-menu-selection-uccx-script

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11387826/uccx-menu-option-statistics

My scenario is that there is about 9 menu options with recorded announcements and when the caller wants to talk to agent then they press * (which is the 10th option) and it connects to the agent. The Set Enterprise Info step is there before the select resource step for the agent option. Many of the calls in the standard report are showing as abandoned because many of the callers listen to the various menu messages without connecting to agent. How can I modify my script to show the report for those menu choices? The Set Enterprise Info wouldn't work and I saw a suggestion on this forum about writing to external database but I am not clear on that.

Thanks in advance

Abebe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Abebe-

If you want the call duration starting when UCCX answers you can create a variable type Long with a value of "t[now].getTime()" (without the quotes).  If you want the timer to start at some other time you can use a Set step later on in the script.  Have another Set step when you want the timer to stop which sets the value to "t[now].getTime()" (this will also be used as your time stamp)

Once you have the start and end time you can just subtract the end time from the start time and divide the that by 1000 to get the number of seconds elapsed.   See attached screen shot.

I hope that helps.

DJ

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

cisabucho
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to Chris Deren for the DBWrite suggestion in the https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11387826/uccx-menu-option-statistics discussion. I managed to write a table the fields ANI and new variable called MenuOptionChosen. How do I get the timestamp and call duration to write to the external database?

Abebe

Hi Abebe-

If you want the call duration starting when UCCX answers you can create a variable type Long with a value of "t[now].getTime()" (without the quotes).  If you want the timer to start at some other time you can use a Set step later on in the script.  Have another Set step when you want the timer to stop which sets the value to "t[now].getTime()" (this will also be used as your time stamp)

Once you have the start and end time you can just subtract the end time from the start time and divide the that by 1000 to get the number of seconds elapsed.   See attached screen shot.

I hope that helps.

DJ

HI DJ,

Thanks for your support.

How can I get the time the caller hangs up instead of me setting it manually on the script. Can I get the session end time? What I orignally wanted it for calls that dont connect to agents, I want to record the calling number, the menu they chose and time duration to external database for reporting.

thanks in advance

Hi Abebe-

I'm not sure what you mean.  I assume you're looking for the CallContactInactive exception in the script and which goes to your database logic.  If that's the case you would have your 'endTime' step right after the label and you can write the time, duration, menu option, and calling number directly to your external database.  That will be less work than correlating the session ID and Node ID (if you're HA) and then collecting other information from Historical Reports or CUIC.

Let me know if that makes sense.

DJ

Hi DJ,

I have a main menu like this

1- it plays a recorded message

6- play recorded message

* - connects to agent

Many of the callers choose menu options 1-6 without pressing * to connect to agent. In the standard report those calls will be shown as abandoned. I wanted to set a variable and write the selection to external database every time a caller presses those menu selections and I also wanted to get the duration the caller listened to those messages.

I hope that is clear 

Hi Abebe-

I understand what you're trying to do from that perspective.  I don't understand the part about manually setting the time when the call is terminated.  Yes, you could pull that information from the historical database, but it will be more painful than I think it's worth. 

From the start of the script to the point that you get your 'end time' should be the duration you're looking for as well as the time that the caller terminated the call.  Place the 'end time' step right after the label that your On Exception Goto step is pointing which should be your database steps.  

Can you upload the script or screenshots so I can take a look?

DJ

Thanks for the support DJ.

I used your suggestion in my script and I am getting the end time

best regards,

Abebe

You're welcome, Abebe.  I'm glad I could help.

DJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: