Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX reset to default or broken password

Hi.

While we are login to UCCX administration page, some time we get an error:

================================

Unauthorized

Please try again. You failed to authenticate yourself  while requesting a document that requires authentication. Please use the  browsers back button to go back to the login page.

================================

If you need to reset the password to access the UCCX management interface, can these two procedures:

1) Go to the CUCM > "User Management" > "End User" and edit the “UCCX admin” user with a new password then try to login again.

If the same error, it is likely that there is an issue with LDAP authentication or specifically in the authentication between the UCCX and CUCM.

In that case, apply this workaround:

2)

- Start > Run > cet.bat.

- At the warning message click “No”

- In the list of Configuration Object Types, select “com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig”

- In the right pane, select the one record that appears, right click and select “Modify”

- In the dialog window that appears, select tab “com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.AppAdminSetupConfig”

- The field “Setup State” is set to “DONE”. Change it to “FRESH_INSTALL”. Click “Apply” & “OK”

- Desktop > Services icon.

- Restart service “Cisco Unified CCX Node Manager”

- Open a new appadmin page and login with the initial credentials (Administrator – ciscocisco)

- You are now in the initial setup wizard again. Navigate through the pages. Your previous configuration should still be in place.

- When you are asked for the licenses enter the same license file again.

- In the last page you can select admin users again. Select new admin users from the list of CM End users.

- Finish the wizard.

Now login again with the new admin user! All other configuration has been preserved.

I hope that these procedures are very helpful in troubleshooting tasks.

Ernesto González

Everyone's tags (4)
6 REPLIES

These procedures are completely useless in UCCX 8, unless you are a TAC engineer and have the root password.

Mike

Thanks. It works for me on UCCX 7.0 (1)

Cisco Employee

Hi Ernesto,

I appreciate you posting your findings here but the appropriate place for this would be creating a document ( than a discussion ) here https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/contact-center?view=documents

I appreciate your attention.

GP

Cisco Employee

Awesome!!! it works with IPCCX 7.0 and helps me not to rebuild my CCIE LAB.

For CCIE candiate, just follow this step above to fix the problem.

I really appreciate it.~~

Just want to confirm that resetting the password with these instructions will not impact a production enviroment or reset any other settings on the device?

Echoing smcmahon1 question

Echoing smcmahon1 question above --- I'm at a point where we need to reset the password but we can't confirm if we have a good backup of the config or not.  Need to know if this process will leave the current running config intact and unchanged?

Views
Helpful
Replies