Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Resource Selection Criteria Question

Description:

Customer wishes to replicate their current inbound call algorithm for call distribution to agents.

Requirements:

Inbound sales calls distributed to preferred agents on a percentage basis (or some close facsimile).

Example:

Agent 1 receives 10 inbound lead calls for exemplary performance.

Agent 2 receives 8 inbound lead calls for good performance.

Agent 3 receives 2 inbound lead calls for decent performance.

Total of 20 calls with 50% of calls going to top agent, 40% going to next best agent etc.

Is there any way this is achievable? The current setup is a manual process where inbound calls are transferred directly to an agent based upon a list of agents and the order in which they should answer a call. The agent name (Agent 1 for example) appears more frequently in the list and therefore receives more calls.

I can't figure a way to get close to this if the queue doesn't get saturated enough to have people actually queued up.

UCCX 7 - Standard licensing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: UCCX Resource Selection Criteria Question

I think that you could do this by using routing to agents rather than CSQs. This is done within the Select Resource step by selecting Resource rather than CSQ as the option for the Routing Target Type field (I am not sure whether Standard supports this option).

You then need a way to get the agents selected as you want. This could be done by creating an XML file with 20 Agent entries. 10 of these would have Agent 1 ID, 8 would have Agent 2 ID and 2 would have Agent 3 ID.

There would be a second XML file containing an integer (initially 1) which would be incremented every time the script is run until it reachs 21 at which time it would be reset to 1.

The value of this integer would be used to calculate which Agent entry is retrieved from the Agent XML file.

This should give you what you want. If the selected agent is busy or does not answer then the call could be sent to a CSQ served by all agents.

In the Agents XML file you would obviously want to mix the agent entries so that it would not be the first 10 calls to agent 1, the next 8 to agent 2 etc.

The XML file could be manually edited on a weekly/monthly basis to reflect performance

8 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

I have been thinking about this since you posted it yesterday. I believe you are correct that there is no native mechanism to do this when there are multiple resources in a ready state. The distribution algorithm of the CSQ, even with the By Weight option does not do this exactly.

The best idea that I can think of would be to upgrade the system to a Premium license, create three separate CSQs (good, better, best resources) and write an HTTP-based XML integration with another application server that could make the deicison on behalf of CCX. At a high level it would look like this:

1. The script would be triggered and the caller treated with whatever IVR is appropriate.
  2. Upon identifying the correct department/group of agents to use (e.g. sales), CCX performs an HTTP POST to an application server specifying what department this call is destined for.
  3. The external application server keeps track of the individual requests received from CCX and makes the decision which CSQ this should be offered to first.
  4. The external application server provides CCX an XML reply including the CSQ name to start with.
  5. CCX stores this result to a variable and proceeds to the Select Resource step.
    Note that you would want to perform some exception handling here and account for some problems. If the application server fails to respond or provides an invalid answer, the script should be able to proceed on without it.
  6. (Optional) After some period of time or a predefined threshold is met using the Get Reporting Statistics step, the contact is queued against the other two CSQs as well. Alternatively, you could use the By Order algorithm in the CSQ and place the other skills (good, better, best) in each CSQ. For example: The Best CSQ would have the Best skill followed by the Better and Good skills listed.

Perhaps someone else has a better idea though.

Thank you for the response, Jonathan. It is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately Premium licensing isn't on the table at this point. This is an IP Phone agent only scenario (no computers), though the push is on to transition to CAD and Outbound Preview Dialing under Premium licensing at a later time.

For now, however, I am limited with the Standard licensing options, though your answer made perfect sense were Premium an option in this case.

Thanks again.

I had a bit of a breakthrough on the scripting with Stanard licensing limitatations. Effectively I am using Get Reporting Statistics and using "Contacts Handled" to do some calculations on Groups of agents to quantify how many calls each group gets in relation to other groups. Unfortunately, the statistics are reset each day at midnight (thats my understanding anyway). This creates and issue in that the call volumes on a daily basis don't give me really accurate statistics to pull from (one day they may get 500 calls, but another day only 20) so the customer would like the statistics used to be from a larger sampling size - days versus a single day.

Was wondering if anyone might know if there was a way to adjust the daily reset of statistics?

Hi James,

I don't know if there is a way to adjust the daily reset of statistics, but maybe you can try to check everyday the system's hour and use the Get Reporting Statistics let's say a couple of minutes before midnight, so you take the Contacts Handled of the CSQ and store in a DataBase, the next day you can do the same and update the row in the DB with the contacts handled in the present day plus the contacts handled the day before and so on.

Maybe someone has a better idea but for now this is the one that came to my head.

Gabriel.

Oh sorry James,

I forgot that you have an Standard license, the Database feature comes with the Premium one also.

But maybe you can change the Database part with i don't know write an XML, I have never try to take data from a Script and write it down in an XML or something like that, but maybe it could be posible.

Gabriel.

I think that you could do this by using routing to agents rather than CSQs. This is done within the Select Resource step by selecting Resource rather than CSQ as the option for the Routing Target Type field (I am not sure whether Standard supports this option).

You then need a way to get the agents selected as you want. This could be done by creating an XML file with 20 Agent entries. 10 of these would have Agent 1 ID, 8 would have Agent 2 ID and 2 would have Agent 3 ID.

There would be a second XML file containing an integer (initially 1) which would be incremented every time the script is run until it reachs 21 at which time it would be reset to 1.

The value of this integer would be used to calculate which Agent entry is retrieved from the Agent XML file.

This should give you what you want. If the selected agent is busy or does not answer then the call could be sent to a CSQ served by all agents.

In the Agents XML file you would obviously want to mix the agent entries so that it would not be the first 10 calls to agent 1, the next 8 to agent 2 etc.

The XML file could be manually edited on a weekly/monthly basis to reflect performance

Thanks, James. I had considered an XML get (which appears to be allowed under Standard) but I had hoped to make it more automated (move the customer away from manually inputting the call flow). That does appear to be the most logical way to address this. Thank you very much.

Green

Interesting discussion and some creative thinking. Good thread.

Regards,

Geoff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content