Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Script editor crashing

Has anyone experienced the script editor, v7, crashing on startup in standalone mode?

I get the java message that connection to server isnt available, the status bar moves a bit, and then it shuts down.

If i'm connected to the server i am fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: UCCX Script editor crashing

Hi Mike, I think there are a few old posts about similar problems. There's a known bug related. As a quick test, please try closing up the editor on the client PC. Right click on the Editor icon on the Desktop and select Properties> Compatibility tab. Check the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode' and choose 'Windows 2000' from the drop down. Check if that makes any difference.

Hope that helps!

Pablo

3 REPLIES
Silver

Hi Mike, I think there are a few old posts about similar problems. There's a known bug related. As a quick test, please try closing up the editor on the client PC. Right click on the Editor icon on the Desktop and select Properties> Compatibility tab. Check the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode' and choose 'Windows 2000' from the drop down. Check if that makes any difference.

Hope that helps!

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

I did see some posts about this, but the answer to those was disabling visual themes, unless i missed the rest of the message.  This worked!  Thanks very much for the quick and accurate reply.  You're awesome!!!

Silver

That's great Mike, here's the bug. As you say the other workaround is to change the Windows style but I find easier to change the compatibility mode:

CSCso68954    UCCX Editor throws java.lang.NullPointerException on Client PC

Symptom:
A large number of steps used in the script throw java.lang.NullPointerException when customizing their parameters by right clicking on them to access the Properties.

This can also occur when attempting to do a Reactive Debug, adding a variable or editing a variable's properties.

Conditions:
Editor is installed on a remote XP client. And the system is set to use "Windows XP style" for Windows and Buttons when Editor is launched.

Workaround:
Complete one of the following:

1. Right click on the Editor icon on the Desktop and select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab. Check the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode' and choose 'Windows 2000' from the drop down. Click Apply and Ok.

2. Change the theme to "Windows Classic Style" - Right click on Desktop, select Properties. In the Appearance tab, select "Windows Classic Style" for Windows and Buttons. Click OK to change the setting.

3. If you still wish to use "Windows XP Style", you could change the style to " Windows Classic", re-launch the Editor and then change the style back to "Windows XP".

Cheers!

Pablo

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content