Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Script Procedure To Allow User to Escape to VM

I want to create a procedure in my script that would allow a "specific" caller to be able to escape from the Queue with a key press.  When the caller gets to the QUEUED portion of the Selected Resource, I want them to be able to bail out and go to voicemail.  Has anyone done this?

Right now, I have a check in the queue loop to see if they are VIP.  If they are, I want to play the hold music, but if they press 7 during the hold music, it would allow them to escape to VM.  The only way I can think to do this is have a menu option, that plays the music and would allow them to press 7 and escape to voicemail.  Any suggestions would be appreciated it.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To allow the user to

To allow the user to selection option 7 while on hold, you will have to have a Menu step that plays the MOH wav file.  The caller would always be within the Menu step while holding.  You can combine the Menu Prompt and MOH wav file in sound editing software, or you can concatenate them inside the UCCX script.

5 REPLIES

Hi,can you please explain how

Hi,

can you please explain how you distinguish between a specific caller and a regular one?

Is it the ANI, perhaps?

Anyway, if this piece of information is already available in the script context before the call enters the queue, you can insert an if step to see whether this is a VIP caller or not. If the latter, use the regular way of putting the call on hold. If, however, it's a VIP, then use the Get Digit String with the MoH music as prompt and expect a single digit output (you can compare it to a predefined value to validate).

G.

To allow the user to

To allow the user to selection option 7 while on hold, you will have to have a Menu step that plays the MOH wav file.  The caller would always be within the Menu step while holding.  You can combine the Menu Prompt and MOH wav file in sound editing software, or you can concatenate them inside the UCCX script.

adcompto, that's a great idea

adcompto, that's a great idea!  I was trying to nest two menu prompts & I was not liking the behavior!  Do you have a suggestion on the editing software?

I suggest Audacity, but that

I suggest Audacity, but that's only because it is free, and I am familiar with it.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I would definitely stay away from nesting the menus.  I prefer to perform the menu step, then loop back to repeat it with a label and goto step.

Thanks for all the help!

Thanks for all the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content