Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script step only works in Reactive Debug

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

Running UCCX 8.5 SU3 HA

I have a script in UCCX that makes a call to a Web Page so the Web Page can do some processing. I run a Create URL Document step and then a Create XML Document step.

My issue is that it is only working when I am Reactive Debugging. When I call the script without being in Reactive Debug it doesnt seem to make the call to the URL.

Ive turned up the UCCX tracing but cant see any errors in MIVR. I looked at the IIS logs (where the web page is that is being called) and I do not see the GET coming in when not Reactive Debugging. I do see it when I am Reactive Debugging.

I have verified that both UCCX servers are IN_SERVICE and I also verfied that my CRS Editor is connected to the MASTER. I have also re-uploaded the script several times and refreshed the application a few times. I also verified that I can ping the external IIS Web Server from the UCCX OS Administration page. I also up'ed the Timeout in the Create URL Step to 20000 to test it.

I attached a screen shot of my script... although I dont think the script is the issue since it works 100% of the time while in Reactive Debug but 0% of the time when not...

Any help or assistance in pointing in the right direcvtion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

17 Replies 17

Karthik,

Three things:

1. When debugging the call to the web server is made from your PC and not UCCX.  Make sure UCCX can resolve the hostname as well as reach the IP address.
  2. The Create XML Document step is already performing the task that your Set step is performing: making the HTTP request, so you don't need the Set step in there.
  3. Try adding an additional parameter of uuid with value set to "" + (new Date()).getTime()  This should prevent UCCX editor from caching the URL and make the call to the server.

Try those three things and then let us know.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hello,

I am facing the same problem.

I am using UCCX 11.5 and it still has this prolem.

Were you able to make it work? How?

Thanks.

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

Ed and Anthony... thank you so much for the great explanations and re-creating the issue. I did use the SET and it is working like a charm now. I dont really care about the output although I probably should be ensuring the URL call success.

I really appreciate your efforts and thanks for helping me avoid a TAC call !!!

Tom Suntken