cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Script to query and collect data from XML Webservice hosted by another application.

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Folks,

I know that a UCCX script can query SQL data base and retrieve required information from the table based on the callers input.

Is it possible to qery and retrieve the information from xml web service based on user input.

Unfortunately the information published by the target application only supports XML posting.

If this is not possible can you please suggest any work arounds.

Regards

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

Samuel Womack
Level 5
Level 5

Yes this can be performed..with the appropriate Licenses (Enhanced for Java) if necessary..what type of WS? REST or SOAP? Please be careful of HTTPS(especially self-signed certificates) as it is not "supported" out of the box in UCCX 9.x and Below(luckily 10.x allows you to upload your cert chain in as tomcat trust certs)..but can be dealt with with a TAC..

Thanks for the quick response .

We have uccx  premium license. I have option to ask the third party to develop SOAP or REST . I am not familiar with these techniques. Can you suggest the best option SOAP/REST

Thomas

REST hands down..

Sorry for bothering you again.. but I am not familiar with xml web service...

We have contact center express version 9.1 & CUCM 9.1. I need to integrate with flight information system to  provide flight status information to the customers.

The problem is as I mentioned before , the flight information system offer the flight status information  via XML interface - they dont maintain sql databases.

Do I need to develop any program/xml service to support this integration or can it be done easily using uccx scripting..

Thanks again for your great help

Regards

Thomas

You need to know how to construct the request to that service so it will send back the information you can present to your callers (the data is XML); All REST interfaces are different in the request. Sometimes you can pass a request as Parameters in a URL GET Request and sometimes you need to Construct the Appropriate Object (XML in this case) to POST to the Web Service in order to get to the data you are looking for. Do you know how to send the "raw" request? Ask the team responsible for the flight service to explain how a request needs to be constructed...And then based on this information..and the Information Your Caller Inputs into the system..we either post or send that data as parameters to get the real data we are looking for..

I hope this makes sense..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: