Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting: Blocking some phone numbers

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to make a script which would allow calls from only certain phone numbers.

Like e.g. some mobile phones have this option of blocking or not accepting any call from some specific numbers.

Any ideas on how this can be done.

Thanks and best regards,

6 Replies 6

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Collect the caller ID, strip off the NPA (area code), and compare it to an XML document.

If you are blocking or allowing entire NPAs (area codes) and your calls come in via a toll free number, have your telco put on NPA blocking instead.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Hi,

I would not even allow calls from blacklisted numbers reach my UCCX, as they would eat up precious bandwidth for the sole reason (of being disconnected very soon). So do your blacklisting at the network edge, ie on your voice gateways, or CUCM's.

G.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

I do this today with XML doc lookup but its only used for nuisance callers.

@gergely . How are you blocking on the network edge? I know on p2p voice gateways you can reject but this has never worked for me and I am not sure if it's an option in cucm.

Regards

Jon

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

a common setup:

voice translation-rule 1
 rule 1 reject /9193927393/      
 !
 !
voice translation-profile call_block
 translate calling 1       
!
 !
dial-peer voice 100 pots
 call-block translation-profile incoming call_block      
  call-block disconnect-cause incoming call-reject
 incoming called-number       
  port 1/1:23

Read the whole document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con13

Of course, the above example does not work with MGCP.

CUCM: it's a bit tricky, but if you happen to have CUCM 8.x you can use the External Routing Rules (CURRI or what they call it now I don't know). Basically it's an XML telling CallManager who to allow.

G.

Hi G.

Thanks for that. All my VGW are running SIP so i tried the reject  rule but it never seems to work. In the same translation rule i translate the number to prefix a 90 which seems to work....... . I checked the ANI on a debug and im matching the right digits....

In any case, i will look into this External Routing Rules, cheers!

/Jon

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7