Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Scripting question

PhillDay1
Level 1
Level 1
We have a requirement from our client running UCCX version 8.5 to
route calls within a certain time period to the same agent that dealt with the last call
from that specific calling number.  I recognise that this is probably a fairly complex scripting issue,
but it's very pressing nonetheless, and any helpful pointers I could get from an expert
would be most gratefully received.  We are working on a project which will depend on this
feature, and I don't know how to achieve it.  Thanks in advance
40 Replies 40

Hi Mikael,

I have attached a wor doc with a screen shot.

Thanks

Phill

Hi Phillip!

Great work! Thx a lot!

Have you tested it?

It looks that there can be a never ending loop in the Queued branch when you unhold and loop back to QLOOP, or?

Thanks for you help

Hi Mikael,

No, the contact is still within the select resource setp so when someone is avaliable they will jump out of the loop.

On another matter though, with storing session information what if the caller blocks their ANI. Then you have all blocked ANI calls going to the same person?

/Jon

This wouldn't be limited to blocked ANI, but business locations where all ANI is sent as the Main Number.

Scripting challenges are never ending, and that why we get up in the mornings!

Ah ok. I prefix the 9 on all ANI inbound on the SIP gw so in the HR client or CDR there are often calls with just 9 as the ANI.

Like Anthony say it seems to be challenging to Map and make a incoming call unique with blocked/common ANI

Is there some other methods that can be used to make session info unique for a caller?

rgds Mikael

Hi

Not really - with a tel call you only have called and calling number to play with, so if you can't match on calling then perhaps you can provide unique DDIs for each customer to call. Whether that is practical depends on what your customer base is like I guess...

Otherwise you would require the customer to actively supply that information - e.g. ask them to enter their account code, and route based on that to the last agent.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I suppose you could use an IF step to check if the ANI is blank or invalid, then exempt them from session managment and put them in the normal queue with no agent preference.

gbljoba wrote:

I suppose you could use an IF step to check if the ANI is blank or invalid, then exempt them from session managment and put them in the normal queue with no agent preference.

That's a bingo!

This is simple an effective.

One would said that this solution has "graceful degradation."

Hi Phillip,

Have you tested your script and implemented it in production?  We are trying to do the same thing and we are not able to retrieve the agent id from the "Get Session Info" step.  I noticed that we can only retrieve the attribute in string from that step, and it always returns null.  Any suggesion? Thanks in advanced!

Best,

Thong Le

Hey guys,

I have a script that transfert call to another one.

And I need to keep track of a string between the two script when it transfer the call, let's say a track of a country.

I guess I can do that with all those session functions ?

anyone have an example of that kind of thing ?

Yep. Sessions!

At a bare minimum, you will need:

1 Session variable to hold a reference to the caller's session

1 String variable to hold the value of the country

In the first script, you grab a reference to the session object and store within it, the value of the country.

In the second script, you grab a reference to the session (yes, again) and retrieve from within it, the value of the country.

To get the details, just drag a session step into the script editor and right click > properties on it, and then click help.

That should get you started.  Oh and also, don't forgot to search the forums for "Session"

Good luck and happy scripting!

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

My Help button show me a dead-end.. empty folder, dont know why..

And cant find a lot of example on the net..

if anyone have an exemple it would be great because I have try some stuff but doesnt work.. feel like a script kiddie..

I create this..

First Script :

strCountry String = ""

sesVar Session = null

Get Call info

Session = sesVar

Get session

Mapping ID strCountry

Session = sesVar

Session Mapping

Session = sesVar

Mapid = strCountry

Set Session Info

Session = sesVar

context = nothing  ( dont know if need something )

Second Script :

strCountry String = ""

sesVar Session = null

Get Call info

Session = sesVar

Get session

Mapping ID strCountry

Session = sesVar

Session Mapping

Session = sesVar

Mapid = strCountry

Get session info

Session = sesVar

put nothing in general field

contexte

names

"strCountry" = strCountry

You are using the session mapping incorrectly. The mapping is not where you store the data, rather its how you assign a friendly name to the session for recalling it later. E.g., you map it to the caller's account number, so when they call back in 10 minutes you can recall their last session.

So, forget the mapping for now, you don't need it. You only need the set session into and the get session info steps for now.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I think I have done over 100 test since this morning with this and cant make it work.

I have done a two simple script ( attatch )

The first script ( menu )

Take the call and have a strCountry with a value of "USA"

and that I would like to transfer this value ( "USA" ) to another script.  icd.test

If someone can help on that I would really appreciate..

I have never work with this kind of step... the design guide doesnt help me..

Thanks guys,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: