Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Scripting question

We have a requirement from our client running UCCX version 8.5 to
route calls within a certain time period to the same agent that dealt with the last call
from that specific calling number.  I recognise that this is probably a fairly complex scripting issue,
but it's very pressing nonetheless, and any helpful pointers I could get from an expert
would be most gratefully received.  We are working on a project which will depend on this
feature, and I don't know how to achieve it.  Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UCCX Scripting question

Oh that's beautiful!  Nice work!

Have you tested it?  Does it work like you want?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
40 REPLIES
Super Bronze

UCCX Scripting question

Hi

I've previously set up a customer with a system that bumped up priority for return callers. This was on CCX7.0, and I did it by setting up a DB data source pointing back to the CCX historical DB, and searching for the calling number in the last x hours of calls.

I've not tried this on CCX8+ so don't know if it's even possible to do this to the Informix HR DB. Either way 'supportability' by TAC is contentious.

A 'supported' way would be each time you connect to an agent, write it out to an external DB (e.g. the time, caller number, and agent connected to). Then when a call comes in, read that DB, and if there is a call logged attempt to route the call direct to an agent.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Re: UCCX Scripting question

You could leverage a global session for this task.

It basically works like this:

A global session mapped to a common name, say "scoobydoo", holds ANI's from callers and an Agent User ID.  At the start of every call, you check this global session for the ANI, and if it's in there, you read out the Agent User ID.  If it's not there, then you simply add it once you complete the select resource step or the connect step.

The default session timer is 30 minutes, however, that's 30 minutes of inactivity, not absolutely 30 minutes.  therefore, if you wanted to expire the "remembering" feature, you would also need to store the timestamp of the last call, as well as the Agent User ID.  Of course, if your doing this type of thing, why not attempt to send it to the same agent all the time?  they might develope a personal relationship, and then friend each other on facebook.  =)

EDIT: I just broke a rule of my own, and replied to Aaron instead of the OP.  Sorry to those who have nested view turned on.

Anthony Holloway

Hi,

I think this is how I pictured it working. I remember learning about the session timeout, and I figured we would need to check the session of inbound contacts. I know this is a shot in the dark, but would you have a simple example you could share, just so that I can dial in exactly how to build it?

Very grateful for your help!

Phill Day

No sorry, I don't have any code on this.  I have written a script which uses global sessions, but it was to cache XML documents from the repo.  so I know it works.  Instead of caching the document, based on filename, you cache the Agent User ID based on caller ANI.

How about this, go ahead and read up on how sessions work in the documentation (scripting guides vol 1 & 2), and put a rough draft together, and the community can help you refine it here.  It's also the weekend now, so this post may not get much attention until Sunday Monday.  I'll do my best to check it through the weekend though.  I know I get excited to make fresh ideas turn in to actual working scripts.

Anthony Holloway

Thanks, I'll give it a go!

Phill Day

UCCX Scripting question

How's progress?

Anthony Holloway

...Actually, here is a rough sketch of what I think I want to achieve.  I've attached the AEF below - not sure if it will come across. Where I get slightly lost is with the Get Session Info step.  I can't work out how I extract the information I need from the existing session to act on with a boolean switch.  I think once I have that down I'll be on the way.

Phill Day

Always start small, and build upon proven code, testing each new piece as it's added.

Start simple.  Take a look at this script example of how I:

1. Created a session
  2. Stored something in the session
  3. Retrieved that something from the session

Once you master the simple I/O of a session, then you can move on to more complex tasks.  See if you can pick apart what you see in that example, and recreate it from scratch.

Also, I'll add that you do not necessarily need to create a new session for every caller, as the system does that for you automatically.  Just get a reference to it with the Get Contact Info step.  If you wanted to have a singular session object, with a different data container for every caller, you could do that too, but it's a little more complex and wouldn't net you much gain.

Anthony Holloway

…ok I have a couple of questions then, and apologies if this is turning into tuition, but although I’ve worked with scripts for a while, they have never needed to do anything like this! My assumption is that the “session input” in this scenario would need to be the calling number, and then the session output would match the input if the same caller called in. This kind of makes sense (although it’s certainly not properly dialled in yet!) but then how would we associate the user who hasn’t even taken the call yet? This seems like we need information that isn’t present in the application yet. Would we select a resource and then map that agent to the session as well? Again, apologies, but I’ve read and reread the guide and for some reason it’s still not crystal clear. ☹

Phillip Day wrote:

...and apologies if this is turning into tuition...

Don't worry about.  This is a support community.  We're all happy to help! =)  Keep those questions coming.

Phillip Day wrote:

My assumption is that the “session input” in this scenario would need to be the calling number, and then the session output would match the input if the same caller called in.

The session input would be the Agent ID of the last Agent the caller spoke with.

The ANI plays a role as the session mapping.  See, you need to check if a session exists at the start of every call (remember the 30 minute timeout?). You have to do that with the Get Session step, and the only way to refer to that session is by name.  Or mapping, as it's called.  And that mapping name can be anything from "apple" to "zebra".  However, I ask you, what unique piece of information do you know about the caller, which would be suitable for a mapping name?  Their first name?  Probably not, unless you performed some kind of data lookup prior in the script.  This is where the ANI is helpful.  If you don't know anything about the caller, then the ANI can be used as the mapping name: "6125551000" (as opposed to "apple" or "zebra").

Phillip Day asked:

...but then how would we associate the user who hasn’t even taken the call yet?

I'm not sure what you are asking here, but I will say this: at the start of every call, a new session is automatically created for the caller (remember the Get Contact Info step?).  What you need to do is, check for an existing session (Get Session step), based on the ANI/mapping name (remember that?), and if it does exist, you read the session output to get the Agent User ID.  If it does not exist, then this person just goes to the next available agent.  Once connected to the Agent (successfully I might add), you use the Set Session Info step to write the Agent User ID as session input.

I like that this is turning into a lesson, as opposed to you just receiving a working script.  I hope you feel that way too.  =)

Anthony Holloway

...OK I've slept on it, and drawn up the attached.  If I'm reading you correctly, this would do the trick?

UCCX Scripting question

Oh that's beautiful!  Nice work!

Have you tested it?  Does it work like you want?

Anthony Holloway

UCCX Scripting question

I haven't had the chance to test it yet, I need to add all the trimmings such as prompts and timers etc, and I'll add it to the live system early next week.  Nonetheless I'm buoyed by your response given that you clearly have a deeper knowledge of this than I do!  Thanks very much for the pointers.

UCCX Scripting question

Hi Phillip!

Do you have a chance to share your script1.aef in a print screen? I'm trying to share some session data between some of my scripts and it sounded on Anthony that you did a great job! I can't open that script in a CCX 8 editor nor in a CCX7 editor! I get = unsupported version format:7

I look forward to see your great work!

Rgds, Mikael

Hi Mikael,

I have attached a wor doc with a screen shot.

Thanks

Phill

Hi Phillip!

Great work! Thx a lot!

Have you tested it?

It looks that there can be a never ending loop in the Queued branch when you unhold and loop back to QLOOP, or?

Thanks for you help

UCCX Scripting question

Hi Mikael,

No, the contact is still within the select resource setp so when someone is avaliable they will jump out of the loop.

On another matter though, with storing session information what if the caller blocks their ANI. Then you have all blocked ANI calls going to the same person?

/Jon

UCCX Scripting question

This wouldn't be limited to blocked ANI, but business locations where all ANI is sent as the Main Number.

Scripting challenges are never ending, and that why we get up in the mornings!

Anthony Holloway

UCCX Scripting question

Ah ok. I prefix the 9 on all ANI inbound on the SIP gw so in the HR client or CDR there are often calls with just 9 as the ANI.

UCCX Scripting question

Like Anthony say it seems to be challenging to Map and make a incoming call unique with blocked/common ANI

Is there some other methods that can be used to make session info unique for a caller?

rgds Mikael

Super Bronze

UCCX Scripting question

Hi

Not really - with a tel call you only have called and calling number to play with, so if you can't match on calling then perhaps you can provide unique DDIs for each customer to call. Whether that is practical depends on what your customer base is like I guess...

Otherwise you would require the customer to actively supply that information - e.g. ask them to enter their account code, and route based on that to the last agent.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

UCCX Scripting question

I suppose you could use an IF step to check if the ANI is blank or invalid, then exempt them from session managment and put them in the normal queue with no agent preference.

UCCX Scripting question

gbljoba wrote:

I suppose you could use an IF step to check if the ANI is blank or invalid, then exempt them from session managment and put them in the normal queue with no agent preference.

That's a bingo!

This is simple an effective.

One would said that this solution has "graceful degradation."

Anthony Holloway

UCCX Scripting question

Hi Phillip,

Have you tested your script and implemented it in production?  We are trying to do the same thing and we are not able to retrieve the agent id from the "Get Session Info" step.  I noticed that we can only retrieve the attribute in string from that step, and it always returns null.  Any suggesion? Thanks in advanced!

Best,

Thong Le

UCCX Scripting question

Hey guys,

I have a script that transfert call to another one.

And I need to keep track of a string between the two script when it transfer the call, let's say a track of a country.

I guess I can do that with all those session functions ?

anyone have an example of that kind of thing ?

UCCX Scripting question

Yep. Sessions!

At a bare minimum, you will need:

1 Session variable to hold a reference to the caller's session

1 String variable to hold the value of the country

In the first script, you grab a reference to the session object and store within it, the value of the country.

In the second script, you grab a reference to the session (yes, again) and retrieve from within it, the value of the country.

To get the details, just drag a session step into the script editor and right click > properties on it, and then click help.

That should get you started.  Oh and also, don't forgot to search the forums for "Session"

Good luck and happy scripting!

Anthony Holloway

Anthony Holloway

My Help button show me a dead-end.. empty folder, dont know why..

And cant find a lot of example on the net..

if anyone have an exemple it would be great because I have try some stuff but doesnt work.. feel like a script kiddie..

I create this..

First Script :

strCountry String = ""

sesVar Session = null

Get Call info

Session = sesVar

Get session

Mapping ID strCountry

Session = sesVar

Session Mapping

Session = sesVar

Mapid = strCountry

Set Session Info

Session = sesVar

context = nothing  ( dont know if need something )

Second Script :

strCountry String = ""

sesVar Session = null

Get Call info

Session = sesVar

Get session

Mapping ID strCountry

Session = sesVar

Session Mapping

Session = sesVar

Mapid = strCountry

Get session info

Session = sesVar

put nothing in general field

contexte

names

"strCountry" = strCountry

You are using the session mapping incorrectly. The mapping is not where you store the data, rather its how you assign a friendly name to the session for recalling it later. E.g., you map it to the caller's account number, so when they call back in 10 minutes you can recall their last session.

So, forget the mapping for now, you don't need it. You only need the set session into and the get session info steps for now.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Anthony Holloway

I think I have done over 100 test since this morning with this and cant make it work.

I have done a two simple script ( attatch )

The first script ( menu )

Take the call and have a strCountry with a value of "USA"

and that I would like to transfer this value ( "USA" ) to another script.  icd.test

If someone can help on that I would really appreciate..

I have never work with this kind of step... the design guide doesnt help me..

Thanks guys,

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content