Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX scripting time comparison

hello all,

I need your assistance.

my customer wants to know for how long a call is been in the queue.

I know how to get the time and keep track of the  time since the call was in the queue until the call was indeed anwered.

my question is how do i make the math here

when i grab the time the format is

1:00:00 AM/PM

I don't think i can just substract the time. do i need to divide the number into hours, minutes and seconds and then substract each of them individually and them put them together ? or whats the most efficient way to do it ?

thanks

I'm working on UCCX 8.5.1 SU3

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY
Gold

Re: UCCX scripting time comparison

It's possible to do math on time values, but it's very cumbersome and it's difficult to do correctly. Bear in mind things like seasonal time changes, timezones, leap years, leap seconds, etc. The "Get Reporting Statistic" step would answer your question easily and directly.

You can call that at any point during your caller's hold loop to see how long they've been waiting, in seconds. Naturally, if you'd like minutes, just divide the result by 60. If you're using that for some sort of holding-too-long escalation threshold, then that should be all you need. If there's some reason you need the hold time at the moment the call goes to the agent, you should be able to use Select Resource with Connect set to "no" and call it in the Selected branch, and then Connect the call, but I'm not sure why you would need that.

If this doesn't solve your problem, please let us know exactly why and when you need the time in queue and we might be able to help more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content