Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Services and Subsystems

david.materna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am searching a detailed description of all the Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) services incl. the subsystem and manager services.

Therefore I already opened a Cisco TAC, but I did not get the information for all of the services as there is no documention.

The UCCX service are divided into four main categories:

• System Services
  • Admin Services
  • DB Services
  • Desktop Services

From the TAC Engineer I got a detailed desciption about the Desktop Services, like the following:

Cisco Browser and IP Phone Agent Servic:

Enables IP phone and browser-based CAD-BE agents to log in and out of CTI server,change agent states, and enter wrap-up data and reason codes without using a computer.      

What I am looking for is to get a detailed description of the sub categories of the Cisco Unified CCX Engine:

• Manager Manager
  • Subsystem Manager

For example:

• Application Manager
  • VOIP Monitor Subsystem

Do you know, if this will be documented once or how to get this information?

Kind regards

David

11 Replies 11

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

a handful of services is described here, for instance:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_0/installation/guide/cad80ccxig-cm.pdf

Can you give me a list of those still missing?

G.

Hi Gergely,

In the provided documentation i see only the following services:

• Cisco Browser and IP Phone Agent Service (BIPPA service)
  • Cisco Desktop Agent E-Mail Service (Agent E-Mail service)
  • Cisco Desktop Call/Chat Service (Call/Chat service)
  • Cisco Desktop Enterprise Service (Enterprise service)
  • Cisco Desktop LDAP Monitor Service (LDAP Monitor service)
  • Cisco Desktop Licensing and Resource Manager Service (LRM service)
  • Cisco Desktop Recording and Statistics Service (Recording and Statistics service)
  • Cisco Desktop Recording Service (Recording service)
  • Cisco Desktop Sync Service (Sync service)
  • Cisco Desktop VoIP Monitor Service (VoIP Monitor service)
  • Cisco Desktop Administrator Service
  • Directory Services

Those are the services which are listed under the Desktop Services, which I already have.

You can find in the System Services the Cisco Unfied CCX Engine. This service has several Manager Manager and Subsystem Manager services, like Application Manager or VOIP Monitor Subsystem, etc. I am looking for a description of those services. As from the TAC Engineer there seems to be no documentation about it.

My question is, if this will be ever documented or where I get this information?

Kind regards
David

Hi,

I don't want to sound like patronizing or something, but why do you need this information?

This might not be the best argument, but if I've been fighting with UCCX for the last ten years since CRS 3.0 but I don't remember a situation when I needed this info.

Thanks.

G.

Hi Gergely,

No worries.

To be honest we got those questions from our customers in case the Subsystem Manager or Manager Manager is not in service for some reason. Therefore the solution for this is simply to restart either the Cisco Unfied CCX Engine or the whole UCCX server.

In my point of view, it will be also helpful to know, what exatly is effected if one of this services are in Partial Service or Out Of Service.

Thanks,

David

I have found, that when documentation is lacking, there is no substitute for empirical evidence.  Just build out a lab system and start playing with it.

Here's an example (my youtube channel): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXqFRoJ3U1w

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi,

I would normally expect this information included in the SRND, but I checked that for two different (recent) UCCX versions, but nothing, null, nada.

Just me being curious: how come TAC was not able to give you this information? What did they say?

G.

Hi,

@ Anthony Holloway: To figure out what happens in case of a service will not work only works for services, which you are able to stop. But this is not possible for the Manager Manager or Subsystem Manager service under the CCX Engine service as following:

UCCX_EngineServices.JPG

You can see for every each Manager Manager or Subsystem Manager service if it is IN SERVICE or not. So what may happen is that for example the VOIP Monitor Subsystem wents either to IN PARTIAL or OUT OF SERVICE. Therefore, I do not know what this service stands for as the contact center might working properly.

@ Gergely Szabo: From the TAC Engineer I got the reply that he could not find this information documented and he is afraid that BU will tell us that anything needed to be explained to the customer is already documented in the official documents.

Kind regards

David

Hi,

I tried to sort of misuse one of the engineers at the local Cisco office, but all I got was a nasty smile and a statement: "it's like the way: everything is fine, stop asking questions, you don't need to know more". Etc.

Sorry.

G.

I had a good laugh at that quote.

Anthony Holloway

Oh you're right.  I do know how to through the Application Manager into partial:  You delete a script that's associated to an application.  That's all I got.

Anthony Holloway

Reply withdrawn. Wrong thread.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: