Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UCCX silent monitoring using BIB on IP phone

Hi,

I'm trying to configure silent monitoring in UCCX 7.0.3 environment and also want to use BIB on IP phone to achieve that. I have pass all configuration steps listed in CCM services and features guide (link provided), but can't get silent monitoring work. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsmr.html#wp1047595

According to this guide only application can start monitoring call. When I press monitoring button on suppervisor desktop application, ip phone doesn't go off hook and start monitoring call as it should be, but got message on supervisor's desktop "Silent monitoring session failes .."

I suppose there are two different technologies used for monitoring - desktop monitoring and CUCM based monitoring.

So my question is does supervisor desktop application able to start monitoring session via IP phone ? If yes, how to achieve this ?

Best regards,

Arunas

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

CCX does not support CUCM BIB-based recording/monitoring. You will need a third-party product or Cisco WFO-QM to utilize that. CCX can only do SPAN-based to the CCX server or CAD-based recording/monitoring.

7 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

CCX does not support CUCM BIB-based recording/monitoring. You will need a third-party product or Cisco WFO-QM to utilize that. CCX can only do SPAN-based to the CCX server or CAD-based recording/monitoring.

Re: UCCX silent monitoring using BIB on IP phone

Thanks Jonathan. I think this is an answer to my question, but I can't find clearly stated this on Cisco support pages or Cisco documentation. Might be you can share the link where I can find this clear statement.

Thanks,

Arunas

Thank you Anand for the link. I found more suitable one to desktop monitoring and recording.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008075025a.shtml

Just very rhetorical question why cisco can't implement BIB monitoring and recording if customers use CCX and  they also have CUCM in place with this excellent BIB feature. What is needed just make Supervisor desktop able to send JTAPI message to the CUCM. 

Best regards,

Arunas

Hi  Arunas,

I dont know the exact reason behind it :-).

But yes, you can always raise an enhancement defect for this feature, may be depending on the demand and based on Marekting teams requirement it may be considered, you never know.

Regards,

Anand

Anand, can you please provide the link to the document where I can find the clear answer to my question ?

Thanks,

Arunas

VIP Super Bronze

AFAIK there is no document saying that this isn't supported. In most cases with Cisco you have to assume it is unsupported unless you can find documentation explicitly saying that it is supported. On this topic only the SPAN-based and CAD-based methods are listed in the documents.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content