Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

UCCX Soap query

I am trying to replicate some stuff I did in UCCX 7 (premiuim) where I was querying directly against the UCCX db_cra to get information about users and prompts. I can't do that directly in UCCX 8 since Informix isn't a supported database integration type (which puzzles me). In any case, I have had some initial success building a linked server in an SQL server, building views and pointing back to the System DSN which isn't directly supported by UCCX. Still that has a bunch more moving parts, so I would like to be able to make the query of the UCCX server directly. Here are the queries I am trying to replicate.

First, I have a query that determines the team name of a resource.

select teamname

from db_cra.dbo.resource resource, db_cra.dbo.team team

where resource.dateinactive is null

and resource.resourceloginid = $UserName and

resource.assignedteamid = team.teamid

I use this for larger installations where there are multiple teams with different schedules, holidays, and such. I keep database tables with the holiday and some status information. I can use a single application to do this when I can determine the team that the user who authenticates to the application (using IPCC extension and CCM PIN). I would love to be able to query UCCX directly via SOAP to get this information.

The second thing is a work in progress. Same scenario where there are multiple teams within a single installation. I keep the prompts for applications in a directory that is named the same as the team. I am trying to replicate the Unity Express style of prompt management where it walks through a directory, plays the prompts, and gives you the option to re-record them. Towards that end, I have isolated the locations in the prompt table. Here is a query that will find all the files in a particular directory (valid in UCCX 7.0.1)

select fileName

from db_cra_repository.dbo.promptsfiletbl

where parentFolderID in

(

select folderID

from db_cra_repository.dbo.promptsfoldertbl

where foldername = 'Marketing'

and parentFolderID in

(

select folderID

from db_cra_repository.dbo.promptsfoldertbl

where foldername = 'en_US'

)

)

In case it isn't obvious, this is a folder that is directly underneath the parent folder for the english (en_us) langauge. I can figure out how to do the rest if I can use SOAP to pull this query from UCCX. It would be fine if it had to be 3 queries. I wrote it a correlated sub-query because that worked fine in query analyzer.

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

UCCX Soap query

My answer is short and disappointing: CCX 8.x has no API, SOAP or otherwise, with which you can interact with the database. You have already explored the only option (ODBC from an off-box applicaiton server) but the documentation restricts support for that to developing Crystal reports only. In theory you could do JDBC if you wanted to write custom Java classes which could make it self-contained. Either way, accessing the db_cra database for any type of real-time query, other than wallboards, is not supported.

FWIW: Cisco's answer to your inevitable this-is-stupid reaction is to say that you weren't supposed to do it with Windows either. They just "lacked the enforcement mechanisms." Don't shoot the messenger.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content