Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX SQL DB variables

Ali Alqwasmi
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I am trying to run a script that gets data from MSSQL and tries to place a call to the number passed from the DB. The call is always "unsuccessful". 

I tried to do the same script by passing the variable data from an HTML page and it worked, however it is not working when passing the same value from SQL. I put some prompts to read the data in the Called Number field and it read it correctly, however it is not calling out to the number when it reaches Place Call in the script. I am attaching the scripts I used for passing data from DB and HTML.

Any ideas why it is not working when passing the data from SQL?

Regards

Ali AlqwasmiOutbound_DB.PNGOutbound_http_variables.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Chris

I just figured out what the issue is. In MS-SQL the default length of the nchar of the field was 10. I just changed it to the right length (9) and the call was placed correctly.

Many thanks for your help

Ali

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your DB get should be under Successful branch of DB read, perhaps you are not connecting to your DB properly.

When you run in reactive debug mode do you see the connection successfully working and the variable getting polluted? Does it come across as proper type, i.e. String?

Hi Chris

I put it under the successful branch of DB Read and I put the required action under successful branch of DB get, but it is still the same. I set a "HTTP response" to send back the contents of the variable that contains the number to be called and it was correct. I even set a "Create Generated Prompt" to read the full number and it was correct.

I tried passing two types from SQL: char and nchar to java.lang.string in uccx, but still no luck.

thanks for your help

Ali

Hi Chris

I just figured out what the issue is. In MS-SQL the default length of the nchar of the field was 10. I just changed it to the right length (9) and the call was placed correctly.

Many thanks for your help

Ali

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: