Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX subscriber does not boot

aessonel2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am running a cluster of 02 UCCX servers version 5.02. Suddenly since one week ago the subcriber is no more able to boot.

I first install the windows server 2003 standard Edition on it, but when I began the installation of the CRS software, this installation fails and was requiring a cisco server.Then I restart the server with the OS 2003.1.2 provided with the UCCX servers and the installation is not going through; when the system restarts, the installation process restarts from the beginning. I then remove the DVD OS 2003.1.2 and try to start the system from the hard disk, I encounter the following error: "NTLDR is missing". Please, could someone help me put up this subscriber? As you know my system is now just running with the UCCX publisher and this situation is not very secure.

The server I'm using is a MCS 7835-H2 provided by cisco.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like there is a non-bootable disc in the drive.  Eject any/all removeable media and boot again.

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi ,

You can use any one of the below methods.

1. Do you have a recent valid succesful backup of this UCCX HA setup? If yes, you can Restore that keeping both the boxes running and can recover this setup.

2. You can run the UCCX installer on the Subscriber and choose Reapir optio, incase if any files are corrupted in the UCCX folders.

3. Also try to search for the same file in the Publisher, and see what file it is? If its outside the UCCX folders, may be try copying it to the same location or path and see if it helps.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!