Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCCX Test Environment - How do you have your VoIP test environment configured?

If I wanted to create a test environment can I simply create a new application, add a Route Point Trigger to it, and point it to a copy of my script.  This way I can modified the script and not worry about breaking production.  All I have to do is dial the test environment route point?

I am new to UCCX so just trying to get a good idea on how I can setup a test environment to try out new ideas.

How do you have your VoIP test environment configured?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

UCCX Test Environment - How do you have your VoIP test environme

Ideally you would have a separate UCCX and CUCM environment, this way nothing affects production and you can use it to test upgrades, etc.

However most customers cannot justify the funding for that and do what you are thinking of doing, simply having separate script/trigger/CSQ/etc to test out scripting changes.  I have done the same at many places and works out fine/

HTH,

Chris

4 REPLIES

Ideally you would have a separate UCCX and CUCM environment, this way nothing affects production and you can use it to test upgrades, etc.

However most customers cannot justify the funding for that and do what you are thinking of doing, simply having separate script/trigger/CSQ/etc to test out scripting changes.  I have done the same at many places and works out fine/

HTH,

Chris

You mentioned having separte CSQ's as well. Can I just keep the existing ones and have both scripts running side by side?

Here is what I am thinking.  I will copy my script, change the name, and upload it.  Then, I will create another Application and give a trigger that points to my copy of the script. Then, make some changes and test it using by calling the Route Point associated to the trigger. This way is rings my exisiting CSQs.  Not sure if I am making much since here. I'm still working on getting all the terminology down.

Sure you can use the same CSQ, but that means your production agents will get your test calls.

Chris

Hi Luis,

Adding to Chris point, I would prefer my test application, route point, CSQ, CCG to be a different ones than the existing production ones in case if I do not want to disturb the production releted Call Detail Records as most of the customer do billing based on the call by call basis, so it will become tedious job to saperate the test calls from the production calls in the reports (Historical) when you use the existing configurations.

Just my thoughts.

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content