Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX transfer to voicemail if no answer

hserhan75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a ACD script that route the call to 5 agents and I would like the script to route the call to voicemail if no agent answer the call.

any ideas of how to accomplish this? attached is a screenshot of the script.

Thank in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I wouldn't say this is the best way to achieve it, but you can script like attached which allows max 5 or 6 times for the call to ring on Agent desktop before taking it and transferring it to the voice mail.

but yes its more of a human issue, if there are 5 agents not answering the call consecutively then you have some serious issue to think about.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Move your redirect step into the queued branch of your select resource step.

david

Thanks for the reply, David! However, that did not work, the call will not leave the queue, it will keep ringing the agents phones in circle. I am not sure how i can get the call to leave the queue and go to the redirect step. If I change the settings on UCCX Service parameters "Agent state after no answer" to not ready that worked,BUT this will cause other issues like some agents will forget to change the status back to ready. see attached snapshot for that setting. so i want to keep the setting on service parameters to "Ready" after no answer and get the call to voicemail if no agent answer.

What you need to solve is the training/human issue. Agents are supposed to be aware of what state they are in. Your only solution is to create a hunt group, send the call to that hunt group and then have it roll to VM. However, you'll lose all ACD stats.

david

I think there has to be a way to do this in UCCX as i need to have reports about the agents and if i send them to CUCM i will lose the reporting from UCCX.  I will do more research and get back to you. Thanks again for your reply :)

Ok, after some research... somebody tried to do this in the past... I am a beginner in UCCX scripting and i am not sure how to construct the solution in the script editor. i am attaching my current script, so if anybody can construct the solution below that will be much appreciated. Below is the solution by some body called Chris.

""What I would do is change your Select Resource step as this:

Select Resource: (Set Connect to NO)
--Selected
-----Increment ConnectedCounter
-----Connect
--Queued
----- If ConnectCounter = 5
----------true = voicemail transfer
----------false = normal queue proceedures

I am sure there is some tweeking you could do, but I think that should
work... Basically places a counter that tracks how many times the caller
went through the connect to agent step, once getting to 5 and entering
queue it will go directly to voicemail."

Check in my other comment.

Thanks, Chintan! i will try your script and let you know... my main concern in this script is if 4 of the agents are busy and one agent is available and away from his\her desk and forgot to change status then the call will keep ringing his phone till he\she comes back. the business requirement is to send the call to voice mail if not answered in 35 seconds.  I don't want to keep any window for human error and that is why i need that solution. Thank you both for your cooperation and hopefully we will learn something new from this :)

Great! your script worked Chintan! However, i want to take it to a step further... how about if i capture the number of available agents and put it in a variable and then decrement that variable till it reaches 0 then transfer to voice mail? i think that will be the perfect solution, so we minimize the time of the caller waiting. Now my question is how to capture the number of available agents? which step does that in scripting?

that's only going to work if you have set system the parameter the set Agent state to Not Ready after No answer.

and in order to get the number of agents in ready state use "Get reporting statistic" step under ACD folder.

Actually it worked even if the setting is "ready". attached is a screen shot of the final Script. Thank you Chintan and David for your help today. i did learn something new from both of you guys. Thanks again and have a great day!

I wouldn't say this is the best way to achieve it, but you can script like attached which allows max 5 or 6 times for the call to ring on Agent desktop before taking it and transferring it to the voice mail.

but yes its more of a human issue, if there are 5 agents not answering the call consecutively then you have some serious issue to think about.

+5 for a solution -1 for a horrible solution :)

Remember that your caller could potentially hear up to a minute of ringing before going to VM with this approach. Most people will hang up. If you're going down this route make your max tries to 2 or 3 agents at most.

david

One thing you can try, not sure if it will work, is put the transfer to VM step in the Connected > Failed step. I don't think it will work, but there's only one way to find out. Think about it from the side of the system. You're asking the system to send the call to available agents, so it is doing what you're asking. The system has no clue that agents walked away from their desk. So it will continue delivering calls to those agents forever.

Another possible solution is to enable VM in the agent line. That way when calls ring no answer they get transfers to VM. This is not a good solution either, but you don't seem to want to address the issue that agents should always be aware of their state and set themselves to not ready when they walk away.

david